Looking to get back in shape!

Options
lexielainex
lexielainex Posts: 98 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey I'm Lexi! I used to be in great shape when I'm in high school, but a combination of not playing sports and crappy food changed that. I'm now a junior in college and I'm extremely motivated to get back in shape. If you need a motivation buddy don't be shy!

Replies

• cestkidrauhl
    cestkidrauhl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'll be a freshman in college next year, looking some motivation myself.
  • lexielainex
    Options
    @cestkidrauhl‌ That's great! College is a wonderful experience. It can just be a bit challenging to stay fit if you're not careful.
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I just joined here for a month, I aim at losing 10kg in 6 months. Add me and support each other. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Germaine_yee
  • cestkidrauhl
    cestkidrauhl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Haha I've heard! Especially since there isn't much opportunity to cook. What are you doing to get back in shape?
  • lexielainex
    Options
    @cestkidrauhl‌ This year I moved into an apartment so I can actually cook sometimes haha.
    In terms of what I'm doing to get back in shape I've decided to focus more on portion control rather than dieting. Honestly if I tried to diet it would turn into a disaster lol. My strong point though would definitely be exercise. I'm very familiar with it and my school has a great rec center. Getting there is where I struggled with, but now that I've incorporated the gym into my schedule it's not a problem. I do a mixture of strength and cardio workouts. Recently I've added a plyometric workout to my weekly routine. Hopefully tracking everything here will help me reach my goal!
  • creolefitness18
    creolefitness18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I just started strength and cardio workouts. We can motivate each other. I log on here often.
  • jojoisbobo
    jojoisbobo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to MFP and happened to see your post. I'm looking to stay motivated and get back in shape too. My name is Jordin... Let me say that college is where my fitness derailed too. I was athletic my whole life, but I let academics and work take over and it was a downhill slope from there. You're being smart by catching up on your health now, because I literally stepped on the scale one day and was shocked by how much I let myself go.

While you're in college, watch portion sizes. If I had done that, I wouldn't be in this position. Controlling portion sizes now is easier than trying to teach yourself to do it later in life or dieting. Try not to binge drink-it's empty calories and almost always leads to late night fast food. If your campus has a fitness center, use it. Most of the time access to a fitness center is "free" (included in tuition) to students. Make the most out of the loans you will be paying back for far too long. Haha.
  • lexielainex
    Options
    @bmoney8304‌ Sounds great! I'll send you a request!
  • lexielainex
    Options
    @jojoisbobo‌ Thank you for the advice!