looking to lose 85 pounds...need buddies!

Options
Hi, I'm new here, but not new to MFP. Hypothyroidism and children, along with marginal eating habits have put me up to 220 pounds. I was working out with a trainer, but she switched jobs.I don't seem to have any trouble building muscle, just losing the fat. I am disgusted with myself, and I have decided that I just can't do it alone. I am 48, and I think it gets harder with each passing year. Anyone want to join me?
Valarie

Replies

• NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I was 222, and in a month I am down to 206. My goal weight is 150. You can do it, however long it takes.
  • lilmisscrabby
    lilmisscrabby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm am also starting over with mfp . I am 230 pounds and my goal weight is 150 . need friends add me
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you're okay with a guy buddy, I'll come alongside. Started several years ago with that same disgust when I was at 260#. Spent a couple years getting down to 204#, and then started back with the unhealthy habits. In October, I started with a FitBit at 228#. Since then, I'm down to 191#, on my way to 174, so still about 16 pounds to go. MFP has been a huge help. BTW, I'm 51, so it's possible.

Take it one day at a time, and set your calorie budget conservatively at first. Think of your food choices as spending those calories, and you'll soon start deciding that that dessert (or extra helping of whatever) isn't worth the calories it costs. I still eat my sweets, but I budget for them.

And when you fall down, remember that it's okay. You just have to get up one more time than you fall down.
  • karrrbear
    karrrbear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to be a support buddy as I need the support myself. I am also starting over my MFP. Last year I lost 24 lbs while my husband (that can eat anything and not gain a pound) was on long term travel. When he came home I gained it all back. Now I am back on the wagon at 197 lbs and would like to lose 43 lbs getting me to the top of my expected weight to my height ratio of 154.

Ladies and Gentlemen we can do this... Like 9voice9 said it is a mindset put the calories in your wallet and budget them out...
  • anacd
    anacd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey mommyvalarie, I'm trying to lose 50lbs - just started over with MFP as well :) I'll add you so we can motivate each other.
  • MellisaCruz
    Options
    Hi, I'm hypo and trying to lose 20. I work out, eat well but misunderstood. I just recently started Armour and notice a big change in energy level but no change in weight. My trainer thinks I dont eat enough, but if I eat anything passed my budgeted 1200 I gain :(.

I have to get serious with MFP, I did have some success a couple of years ago, so here we go again....

Anyone can add me for support.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be anyone's motivation buddy - feel free to add me!
  • Linville10
    Linville10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a similar story as yours. I had two babies in two years and need to lose about 85 lbs. I'd love to be your buddy so we can do this together!
  • jcjaa
    jcjaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 37, 5'5" with 3 kids. I need to lose about 85lbs. I'd love some friends to help along the way.
  • laggar
    laggar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). I lost weight slowly, so be patient. But I did it just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn.
  • ameulton
    ameulton Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hey im in the same boat as most of you almost 39, started at 220 pounds, now 213. my eventual goal weight is 150ish. i have 2 kids. some support friends would be lovely. add me.
  • TrinaLynn527
    TrinaLynn527 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same story here!! Was 230 trying to lose 100! Add me if you like!
  • queenbrc
    queenbrc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi to all.
    I'm 28 with 3 kids
    5`6"
    HW: 235
    CW: 210
    GW: 150

Anyone feel free to add.
  • Anthony7905
    Anthony7905 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round with mfp as well. I love how a lot has changed on here. Right now I'm 241 aiming for 200. Loe chatting with people who have the same goals

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hey Valarie (and anyone else): How's the week been? Any results - good or bad? Did you keep your diary current? That's an excellent first step....
  • pacemakerbabe
    pacemakerbabe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    MFP has a Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). I lost weight slowly, so be patient. But I did it just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn.

• pacemakerbabe
    pacemakerbabe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me too.
  • lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Please be free to add me.
  • sanjueswaran
    sanjueswaran Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options