Apple Shapes

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm an apple shape. I took my measurements a few months ago to order some new clothes and my legs measured a size 6. My stomach area, a size 16. No wonder that dude thought I was pregnant.

Anyone else an apple shape that has a 6 pack...or at least a waist? I need some specific tips for this body type. I don't seem to be getting any where. :(

Replies

• TubbieMummy20
    Options
    i'm an apple shape too, i have a waist no 6 pack though lol! but i have very skinny legs and arms and im tubby down the centre! i have no idea how to dress to flatter my shape so i always look frumpy or pregnant :'(
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape in the sense that most of my weight was in my midsection. I lost inches around my hips and bust a lot faster than around my waist when I was just doing cardio, but once I started lifting weights (heavy lifts like squats and deadlifts, along with kettlebell swings and cleans), I developed more of an hourglass shape.
  • mimi1924
    mimi1924 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello
    I was watching a Dr. Oz show last week (don't usually watch, but was at the gym and it was on the main tv in the gym) it was about body types and what kinds of exercises and foods you should do for your body type. If you go to dr oz, type "body type diet" in search, find "11 week plan - diet dilemma" you might find something that will help you. I remember them saying avoiding sugar for apple body types, but I am not sure. Hope this helps.