Need help disecting the calories for my lunch for logging

Options
Trying to figure out what I ate calorie wise but I don't think 8oz of kobe beef (1/2lb) is 240calories. Here is it thought
2 Buns (top bottom)
2 1/2 lb patties of kobe beef (approx is fine here)
5 thick slices of bacon
smothered in some type of weird mayo like substance.

Note it was supposed to be 1 patty with pepperjack cheese. But it looked tasty enough I couldn't send it back. It was from a place called "The Lunchbox" in seattle.

I have to admit I was thinking of just sticking in 1200 calories and calling it good, but I'm afraid it may be far more than that.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Kobe ground beef info: http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-imperial-wagyu-ground-beef-i356162

Looks like the beef alone was over 1400 calories

• mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'd buy that, I mean don't get me wrong I didn't eat it all but since I don't know measurements I figure if I log everything as whole and as accurately as possible I'd be more likely.

I found a 340 calorie/4oz one after you showed me that link :smiley:

What I have now is 100 calories for the bacon/slice
    1360 calories for the beef
    Buns at 110 calories
    and 4 tbsp of mayo which is probably wayyyy underestimating at 90 calories.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Trader Joe's kobe beef burger patty is ~650 kcal for 1/2 pound.

How big was the hamburger bun? 110 calories is your dinky Wonderbread church potluck bun. Fluffier restaurant-style ones maybe more like 200?

I think "weird mayo like substance" should be an MFP database entry. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Rather than just looking at the mfp database, I would suggest googling foods in this type of situation. For example, I'd look up something like "burger bun brands" and then look at the nutrition info from a brand's website. I can nearly guarantee that you're underestimating those buns at 110 each. The generic burger bun you get at the grocery is 110. I'd be surprised to see kobe beef served on a low end roll like that.

As for mayo, Hellmann's is 90 calories per tablespoon.

You're not doing yourself any favors by logging in a sloppy manner. Your body doesn't ignore the calories just because your brain does.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess 2,000 calories:
    09bjje9kwhxv.jpg

Could be even more, I'm assuming the bacon was "supermarket thick" not "super premium thick", the bun was a little more substantial than a Wonderbread bun, and that the sauce was similar to a hamburger sauce, which is like thinned down mayonnaise. Maybe 2500 would be safer as a estimate.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity you should weigh yourself everyday for the next few days and see how this meal affected you. If it didn't hinder your progress, bonus! If it did then you might have to only have 1/2 next time. That's what I'd do considering you already ate it. By the way no matter how it turns out I bet it was worth it because all I can say is YUM.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Twas yum :smiley: luckily I was city browsing when I ate it. Technically I walked for about 8 hours today, but I enjoyed several touristy things and I feel MFP overestimates so I logged it as 3 hours of walking. So skipping dinner bc im still kinda full/just now starting to get munchy I came in pretty much on target.