Im new and looking for some good motivational friends

Options
wildgoph
wildgoph Posts: 1 Member
I need and want to work out, I just have a hard time getting started! Whats your best tip for me?

Replies

• loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    crossfit.com provides amazing workouts! They are very challenging - but LOVE them!
  • thenewskinny
    Options
    i wake up early in the morning and do my exercise.
    knowing I started my day right helps me make good choices for my diet.:smile:
  • thenewskinny
    Options
    Hi my name is Jodi.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Just try to get yourself moving. Go out for walks, maybe get some at home dvd's to do. I'm doing the 30 day shred from Jillian Michaels right now. It is working great for me so far! Its only 20 mins but it's a killer workout for such a short time. You can do it!
  • lauriallen
    lauriallen Posts: 39
    Options
    I work out 3-4 times a day (I have a physical fitness standard I have to keep with my job). Don't let that fool you I workout a lot but I was eating way too much even with that workout schedule. Feel free to add me for support.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    my ipod is my bestfriend when working out. If I don't take it with my work outs are rather short. The music keeps me going.
  • Kathryn72
    Kathryn72 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Getting your gym clothes on is half the battle. Schedule it first thing in your day (I go after I've dropped the kids at school). Get dressed for it and go directly to your activity so you can't put it off. Set up your life so that it is a big inconvenience to skip your exercise.

When I don't feel like running, I tell myself that I can go out for just 10 minutes and give myself permission to turn around and head home after that. I've hardly ever turned back once I get going.
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    i wake up early in the morning and do my exercise.
    knowing I started my day right helps me make good choices for my diet.:smile:

Me too. Get the metabolism going early and the early morning weigh-ins are better for the ego! :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same way, though the more I do it the more I appreciate it.

I try to just make myself move in that direction. Like on a weekend when I know I should get out and walk or something, I will immediately put work out clothes on when I wake up, and just make myself progress towards it.

And I realized I spent so much time talking myself out of it or finding reasons why it wasn't a good time. I finally just stopped sabotaging myself and decided I wouldn't talk myself out of doing something positive for myself.

Now that I'm more committed to going regularly, I set mini goals, like see if I can do a rep with heavier weights than last week, or if I can make it to 2 miles on the elliptical faster than the day before. Seeing little progressions really motivate me to keep at it.