Preparing for my first half marathon

Hi all!
Weighed myself at the beginning of the year and was the heaviest I had ever been. Nothing too extreme but it was time to do something about it. So I signed up for a half marathon at the beginning of May. Weight has been falling off steadily since the beginning of the year and I've been sticking religiously to a training plan designed by a friend of mine who is an iron man triathlon competitor. Feeling very good about myself and my progress so far but just looking to connect with a few people for words of encouragement (all will be reciprocated) and to maybe find some people who have run half-marathons (or even longer distances) before!
Adam

Replies

• nats2508
    nats2508 Posts: 45 Member
    Well done Adam, keep it going! It take a lot of commitment to stick to the plan. I've signed up to a half marathon, never done one before, only 5k's and 10k's but I decided it was time to step it up (and like you I was at my heaviest and needed to do something!) my half marathon is in October, thought I would give myself loads of time just in case!! keep posting on how you are getting on..
  • adamworton
    adamworton Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks Nats! I have never run more than 3 miles before (and that was some time ago if i'm honest!). Did my longest run this weekend though ( 7 miles). Logging everything and seeing steady improvements in my pace. Feeling pretty hooked on it to be honest!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Hi Adam!! I am running my first half in May also on the 3rd I believe. I did a 15 K back in November but since have slacked off. Now 5 miles is difficult again. Of course I think its the treadmill that I hate but I just can't bring myself to run in the snow!!! Cannot wait for warmer temps!!