Master cleanse diet??

Options
A buddy of mine from work swears by this diet. Something about drinking a tea and lots of water with Cayenne pepper and syrup. I dont know how youre supposed to live on that for an extended period of time. He lost 60 lbs doing it and bought an insane amount of toilet paper..

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's a cleanse. The weight you lose it gained right back the second you eat something solid. It's meant to cleanse your system, not to lose weight.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Nooooooo don't do it, just eat healthy and workout, it works better, promise!
  • moneysam
    moneysam Posts: 11
    Options
    Drulz29.... I tried the Master Cleanse in Jan of this year for 10 days and I did loose the weight. In ten days I lost 17lbs. The reason why I would not recommend this cleanse is because when you start eating again you will gain it back and then more. I am now having a hard time getting the extra pounds off. I did get the results but I was not pleased with the after effect it had on my body. I gained about an extra 15lbs so fast...Keep eating right, exercising and do a lil weight lifting to turn your fat into muscle....
  • FitnessFreaky
    Options
    They shouldnt call it a diet then and besides there are a ton of sites out there that would disagree with your assessment.

I looked at it, its not for me.
  • crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree with dayzee...once you start eating real food again, you will gain most of the weight back. It isn't meant to be a permanent life style, since it is to cleanse.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's a cleanse. The weight you lose it gained right back the second you eat something solid. It's meant to cleanse your system, not to lose weight.

Exactly. I tried a detox and didn't even get through the first day, I was CONSTANTLY hungry.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Your body is designed to cleanse itself - that's what our kidneys, liver and digestive systems do. Unless you have a faulty digestive system, all you have to do to clean yourself out is drink LOTS of water, eat food with adequate fiber and stay away from processed stuff as much as possible.

For a real "diet plan" that works, check this thread out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/233474-the-latest-diet
  • FitnessFreaky
    Options
    I appreciate that accountant but I am so OCD that I need specifics not percentages, (no sarcasm meant).
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Your body is designed to cleanse itself - that's what our kidneys, liver and digestive systems do. Unless you have a faulty digestive system, all you have to do to clean yourself out is drink LOTS of water, eat food with adequate fiber and stay away from processed stuff as much as possible.

For a real "diet plan" that works, check this thread out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/233474-the-latest-diet

I second this. This is the best way to go about "dieting". Besides you shouldn't be thinking of it as a diet, you should be making a lifestyle change by putting the right things in your body which that link explains really well.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I think you should only do it for like 10 days max? as a detox?

You'll quickly learn that people on MFP tend to dislike quick fix diets with good reason!
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did this for 6 days as a cleanse not a diet. Lost 5 lbs have been off for 5 days and havent gained any of it back. I think it helps to get some things out of your system. Mine was yeast. I havent had as much trouble with sugar cravings since I started it. Feel free to look at my diary before and after. It did what I wanted it do.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I appreciate that accountant but I am so OCD that I need specifics not percentages, (no sarcasm meant).

If you dont' understand the percentages in the thread I linked to, post there and ask for help - the guy who wrote it is really good about responding and he's a highly respected member of the MFP community.