Body for Life for Women - beginning May 1st - any takers??

Options
Hello All
I'm going to start the Body for Life Challenge (for Women) beginning on May 1st.
I'm very excited to begin this process and wonder if anyone else is interested in joining. I seen such a remarkable change in my brother when he followed the original program.

My details are: 30 years old (well come July) Current weight 200lbs, Goal weight 160lbs

Looking forward to any takers as I know this will be a big under taking and support and encouragement can only help.

Replies

• Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm in goal is well first goal is 160 overall goal is 130-135 :-)
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What is it? I am interested
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    What is body for life?
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in hearing more.... :o)
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    what is this? I may be interested!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Here's the web page:
    http://bodyforlifeforwomen.com/uof/bodyforlifeforwomen/.
    Looks like it is a book and costs money. Am I right?
  • Huisman81
    Huisman81 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello All
    For those not familiar with Body for Life it is based on a book called "Body for Life for Women" by Pamela Peeke
    It is a 12-week program that focuses on healthy eating (of course) and a workout plan which alternates between intense cardio and weight training.
    I purchased the book for $18.00, and there really are no additional costs unless you want to buy into the EAS protein bars and powders
  • bonbon1472003
    bonbon1472003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yes please count me in.

just started doing it yesterday. started this about 8 years ago and got sick so was forced to stop. was 6 weeks into it and had my 2nd set of measurements done and there was a marked difference. i love this program
  • bonbon1472003
    bonbon1472003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can pretty much figure out everything for free from body for life, http://bodyforlife.com/library/articles/nutrition
    they really do try and help you achieve your goal. it's their products they want you to buy. i do love the EAS protein powder, it tastes great but expensive. i usually buy the best i can afford and i also buy protein bars for my purse when a drink is not possible.
    here is another website http://www.transformation.com/pages/public/welcome
    this is also bill phillips he is the guy who started body for life. i believe he sold it and now years later he has this transformation Site
  • Huisman81
    Options
    Glad your interested in joining - and thanks for all the information.
  • Huisman81
    Options
    Hello
    So should we touch base with each other on a weekly basis? How does Sundays sound (free day if you are following the schedule) I'd love to know if people are following the program to the T or loosely following it. I just purchased myoplex products so I'm going to follow everything as suggested for as long as my wallet allows.
    Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to hear about peoples progress
  • Huisman81
    Options
    So my first week went okay - my eating habits still need improvement - damn all the chocolate @ my work. I really enjoyed the workouts and have not felt a burn like that in a long time - even after doing many boot camp classes and Jillian Micheals workout DVD's
    I'm gearing up for my 4th 5K race so I have not been able to follow the 20min cardio workouts as suggested b/c I have to get my mileage in.
    Really looking forward to seeing some positive changes in my body.
    Please let me know how you are doing!