sweet potatoes.

Options
.Does anyone have any good sweet potato recipes?.. I'm so tired of the baked ones

Replies

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like to peel them, cut them into cubes, put them in a bowl with a tablespoon or two of olive oil and put in about 1 tsp of curry, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of pepper. Stir it all together until the potato cubes are coated.

Dump onto a cookie sheet and bake on 400 for about 10 minutes. Turn them all over. Bake for about another 10 minutes.
  • AnnieBobadilla
    Options
    Mmmmm sounds tastey... I'll give it a try. Thank you
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Similar idea as above, only I cut them into 'fries' and give them a sprinkle of garlic salt. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, turn and give them another 15 - 20... you'll know. Love the caramelized crispiness. Seriously, so good!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Chop into cubes, add a can of black beans, a diced red onion, crushed clove of garlic, a diced chipotle in adobo sauce (alternatively, a couple of tablespoons of salsa), some cumin and oregano, a couple of tablespoons of lime juice. Put in a non-stick pan with a lid and simmer until the potato is soft enough. Can eat with chicken or pork for moar protein. Also good with a bit of cheese.

Two small potatoes (or one large one) per one can of black beans, makes about 4 servings the way I like it. Reheats beautifully.
  • EmilyRoss93
    EmilyRoss93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mct oil drizzled with some cinnamon
  • sewan86
    sewan86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato and lentil curry is yummy.
  • David2788
    David2788 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    home made sweet potato crisps are amazing!
  • dianesallydavey44
    Options
    I adore sweet potatoes , I cut them in wedges after peeling , a little olive oil and seasoning bake in oven ... Love em!
  • AnnieBobadilla
    Options
    Thank you all for the great recipes.. All sound very Delicious.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just found this recipe. I'm going to try it today.

http://social.popsugar.com/Quinoa-Sweet-Potato-Cakes---164-Calories-Each-25005925
  • AnnieBobadilla
    Options
    OK thank you :D