Flat Stomach?

Options
Suggestions on obtaining a flat stomach exercises and actually seeing results. I know cardio is key which i do, and crunches yes, but is there something more intense to lose the jiggle relatively quickly?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Superset fork put downs with seated table pushbacks
  • BrideVD
    Options
    I think diet has a lot to do with it. Be sure you are eating TONS of vegetables, proteins, and fruits. Watch your sugar, sodium, and carb intake, too. It might help to do some research on which foods are best for flattening your stomach.. they always say "Abs are made in the kitchen!" :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Suggestions on obtaining a flat stomach exercises and actually seeing results. I know cardio is key which i do, and crunches yes, but is there something more intense to lose the jiggle relatively quickly?

Nope, a calorie deficit is key.
  • GlenG1969
    GlenG1969 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, mate you cant spot reduce fat, it comes off all over. So i cant think of any ab exercise that would get rid of the jiggle ha, ha. Everybody has a 6 pack (even me) its just most of us have too much body fat more than 10% covering our midsection to enable the abs to show. I recently read an interesting article on strong core. It stated that the midsection is better trained through stabilization exercises than through crunch type stuff. Lots of plank based stuff normal plank held for 60-90 seconds, side plank held for 45-60 seconds. Also the old school ab wheel (which are great). Have you tried weight training, it could be a magic pill to give your routine a kick up the *kitten*.

Good luck and if you get the six pack before me i will buy you a pint.
  • kaylacarol1989
    kaylacarol1989 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

lol no idea what that is
  • GlenG1969
    GlenG1969 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

lol no idea what that is

They are taking the piss mate ha, ha, Put your fork down and push the chair away from the table
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options
    GlenG1969 wrote: »

lol no idea what that is

They are taking the piss mate ha, ha, Put your fork down and push the chair away from the table

haha oh boy, i get it now LOL... i'm down 3 lbs in a week n a half from those! lol
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Posture is a big indicator also, people stomachs are probably flatter that they think, but poor posture and looking down makes it look like your stomach is bigger than it actually is. Work on the Glutes, traps, lats aswell as the abs, especially if you sit at a desk for long periods.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Did you read the "so you want a nice stomach?" sticky? It's all explained in there.

I'm a gym rat. I have big plans for my body. But I barely do any sit ups...or cardio. Read the sticky.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
  • arditarose
    Options

Thank you. I'm so lazy about posting links.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I typically am too. But I love pretty much all of usmcmp's threads & posts.
    She's very knowledgeable and a great friend to have.
  • arditarose
    Options

Extremely knowledgable. Love it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

:blush: You are too sweet!
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

:blush: You are too sweet!

<3<3
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can spot reduce where your fat comes off, but I've lost 80+ pounds and I think exercise is important but diet is key! If you eat lean protein, healthy fruits, and veggie your stomach will begin to flatten as you lose weight!
    It definitely takes a long time! I use to be a straight cardio bunny and now that I'm over 80 pounds down, I do have a lot of flabby skin... :(
    So I suggest weight training and cardio, if I would have known better, I would have myself. :)
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options
    TeriaShae wrote: »
    I don't think you can spot reduce where your fat comes off, but I've lost 80+ pounds and I think exercise is important but diet is key! If you eat lean protein, healthy fruits, and veggie your stomach will begin to flatten as you lose weight!
    It definitely takes a long time! I use to be a straight cardio bunny and now that I'm over 80 pounds down, I do have a lot of flabby skin... :(
    So I suggest weight training and cardio, if I would have known better, I would have myself. :)

Thanks for the tip, I've only been at this since the 5th, so i'm fairly new. It's not my first time on MFP though, but my first SERIOUS time. I feel really dedicated and motivated this time and i'm not fooling around anymore. Ever since i saw a jump from 166 back up to 177 since october, i gave my head a shake. I am down to 173 now since the 5th, which is very motivating for me. I do the gym 4-5 times a week and i logg everything i consume. I think i have a pretty good thing goign btu any helpful tips or suggestions is always a bonus! :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Exercise is for fitness and health. Calorie deficit for fat loss and weight reduction.
    The BIGGEST key is consistency. Too many people say they aren't progressing, then when you see they aren't being as consistent as they may think, it's easy to pinpoint the issue.
    Jiggle will stop when you get closer to 20%-24% body fat. Weight loss alone doesn't always mean that the weight lost was all fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's all about diet. Give up (more or less all) sugar, wheat, processed foods and alcohol and it will happen. I'm a 49 year old female and since doing this have a pretty firm flat stomach and the bits of thigh and hip fat are slowly going too.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    It's all about diet. Give up (more or less all) sugar, wheat, processed foods and alcohol and it will happen. I'm a 49 year old female and since doing this have a pretty firm flat stomach and the bits of thigh and hip fat are slowly going too.

Not necessary.