How do you speed up your metabolism?

Options
http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/10-foods-to-raise-your-metabolism.html

This is an article I read and was wondering if anyone one has tried these methods. Just wondering if anyone can offer tips on speeding up your metabolism.

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Those look like pretty good, common sense tips. :drinker:
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    If you want to keep your metabolism running constantly...eat 5-6 small meals a day...about 3 hours apart. This will keep your blood sugar level from spiking up and down and your body will know it has a constant source of energy so it won't go into starvation mode. Those methods (ie. hot peppers) can help for the short term but the only way to train your metabolism to keep running is to eat on a regular basis. Hope this helps :)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    These are good, common sense tips. None of them is going to do you any harm in trying at all!!
  • epj78
    Options
    If you want to keep your metabolism running constantly...eat 5-6 small meals a day...about 3 hours apart. This will keep your blood sugar level from spiking up and down and your body will know it has a constant source of energy so it won't go into starvation mode. Those methods (ie. hot peppers) can help for the short term but the only way to train your metabolism to keep running is to eat on a regular basis. Hope this helps :)

I was surprised this wasn't mentioned. I find I just FEEL better when I eat like this.
  • skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What constitutes a "small meal"? How many calories would that be?
  • btmixon
    btmixon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    What constitutes a "small meal"? How many calories would that be?

How many cals a day do you eat? My Goal is 1600. I divide that into 3 meals and 2 snacks.

Load the carbs early in the day and combine Protein, Carb, and Fat in each meal and snack. Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Building muscle helps, because the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn even while resting :)
  • skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    Bump :)
  • epj78
    Options
    I eat 200-300 calories 5 times a day for my small meals. Make sure each has a combo of fats, carbs, protein.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    bump
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump