I'm not losing weight

Options
i have been logging for a couple of weeks now, and am struggling to lose weight!! I exercise most days and am under calorie goal most days. What am I doing wrong?!!

Replies

• BULLET9992
    BULLET9992 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Strength train. It will active your muscles & as they recover they'll burn fat for energy for the next 48-72hr as long as you get a nice hard lift in for the day. Just make sure you get .5g-1g of protein per pound of body weight to feed the muscles. I & others have great results with that type of regimen.
  • beastmodeforlife
    beastmodeforlife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi nimsie,

I also didn't lose weight at first too. You just have to re-evaluate what your doing. What I did to see results was first did some research on dieting and macronutrients which basically is the carbs, fat & protein you consume. It not all about the calories it about consuming all your macronutrients. When I first started logging into MFP I was always just checking calories and not reaching my protein, fat and carb intake. It is very important to base your calories on that which is your macronutrients. Here is the formula to determine how to spilt up your calories based on your macronutrients. So for every 1 gm of fat is equal to 9 calories, every 1 gm of carbs is equal to 4 cal, and the same for protein 1gm, is equal to 4 calories. This is a basic formula which MFP already breaks it down for you. I just discovered on my iPhone when your looking at your food diary if you turn your phone sideways its shows you all your stats on how much protein, fats, carbs, fiber, etc.

I also went and got a heart rate monitor so I know exactly how many calories I was burning during a workout. There a so may different types of heart rate monitor and you will have to see what works best for you. My personal opinion is I like the heart rate monitor that go on your arm instead of your chest. Again it's preference. I hope I was helpful and good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    We cannot tell you unless you give us stats, and open your diary if you are comfortable doing so.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    BULLET9992 wrote: »
    Strength train. It will active your muscles & as they recover they'll burn fat for energy for the next 48-72hr as long as you get a nice hard lift in for the day. Just make sure you get .5g-1g of protein per pound of body weight to feed the muscles. I & others have great results with that type of regimen.

Strength training is great. But she is not going to suddenly start losing weight when it's added. The problem is most likely in the kitchen.
  • faithkelly1976
    faithkelly1976 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I been doing cardio for the last month and really having a hard time losing the weight. I go to the gym from 7:30 to 10 . I do the treadmill for 60 min on 3 and including to a 3 . Then I get on a standary bike for 30 min level 3 then I do circuit rounds foe 30 min 1 set each but do 10 reps each one. I eat only 1300 calories no junk food or pop. What am I doing wrong.
  • danielleanthony5682
    Options
    It could be a thyroid problem I would go to the dr
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Are you both weighing your food on a digital kitchen scale (measuring liquids)? Logging everything you eat?

Faith, if you are new to exercise, that in conjunction with your high sodium intake could result in fluid retention.

Nimsie, when you say struggling to lose weight, have you lost any? Are your expectations maybe too high?

Also, take your measurements, weight loss doesn't always show on the scales.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    How often do you eat out? I have found I under estimate foods at restaurants. Stop eating out, prepare your own meals, using no processd foods. Weigh and measure all the food you eat.
  • mendezjas27
    Options
    Weights!!!! Weights are the answer!!! I started working with this wonderful trainer who got me on a new program! I used to eat right and do nothing but cardio workouts and it worked slowly for a while an then not at all, but then I started doing weights and the weight started shedding instantly I lost 5lbs in just one week! It was amazing, don't be afraid to hit the weights, many people fear getting to muscular but in all reality weights help you lose weight and in the end you look great not at all like a body builder! Try it out and I guarantee you will see results!