65lb to go anyone??

Options
Hi guys!
I'm 32 with 2 children and I am sick of being on the larger side!
I've recently lost 11lb so started with 76lb to loose and now have 65lb to go
I am 5'7 and 205lbs. Ideal weight 140lbs. Anyone else the same or similar? What diets/ exercise are you doing? I'm doing 1200 cals and interval training 3 times a week xx

Replies

• minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I started on here last week. My starting weight was 230 and I'm now 215.8. I know I need to lose around 65-70 but set my first goal at 170 (60lb loss). Which for me would be amazing. I am 43 (but feel 23!). Have 3 kids, 23,10 and 20months old. Could we be friends? Not sure how it works but I'm staying the course and would be good to track with someone. Thanks.
  • auranya
    auranya Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm currently around 186lb and of a similar age to you with 3 children. Feel free to add me.
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat for the most part, no kids though. I have a desk job and have gained almost 10 pounds a year since I started here....I've been here 8 years :'(

I've dropped 6 pounds so far.

Add away if you'd like :)
  • sneaky_teaky
    sneaky_teaky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, 5'7", and started at 226 lbs. Right now my target goal is to be 160 by September (I know its after swim suit season by then, but I am trying to be realistic about my expectations and have a different goal in mind.) I figure once I get to the top of the healthy BMI range I can *kitten* whether I need to keep going and lose more or maintain. I was in the 160 range for the longest time and I feel like if I can make it back there I would be more comfortable. So far I have lost 14 lbs. I started on a 1530 cal/day, but since have dropped it to 1460, but I don't always go to that each day(especially if I have hit the 'fat goal' for the day, so I normally take about 1200). I don't have a set exercise routine, but take advantage of little things when I get a minute. I think the biggest thing I have done so far was give up soda all together and drink only water with the occasional orange juice.

• Snugglebutt2014
    Snugglebutt2014 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 and currently 210 but want to get to 168. I lost two stone at one point then it crept back on again. After being around 8 / 9 stone all my adult life, the weight piled on after stopping smoking some 10 years ago. Really need motivation now!
    Please feel free to add me, if tfat is how this works?! As mtual support and a good telling off when we fail helps us all to keep on track :-)
    Dawn
  • katesback15
    Options
    Thanks for all your replys, it's lovely to hear your stories. Honestly I haven't got a clue how this works as it was my first post :D
    I'll try to figure it out and add you xx The support and motivation will be welcomed! Xx
  • Snugglebutt2014
    Options
    :D
  • AClosingit
    AClosingit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, 2 kiddos and need to lose 60lbs. I'm 5'6, currently at 199 goal weight 140.
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 47, and have lost over 100lbs with about 50 left to go. It is getting harder and harder. Lol. My exercise includes Zumba, swimming, walk/jog, and I have recently added boot camp.
  • Snugglebutt2014
    Options
    Amazing loss!!! I think exercise is the key and not just diet. Sadly I don't do half as much exercise as I should.
    Dawn x
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I'm 32 with 2 children and I am sick of being on the larger side!
    I've recently lost 11lb so started with 76lb to loose and now have 65lb to go
    I am 5'7 and 205lbs. Ideal weight 140lbs. Anyone else the same or similar? What diets/ exercise are you doing? I'm doing 1200 cals and interval training 3 times a week xx

welcome to MFP and nice to meet you!

Wanna race? I am 5'4" and around 190 now so I too have about that much to go to get to where I want to be.

I am joking about the race, it's not about WHEN we get there it's just about getting there.

I don't diet other than making a weak attempt at keeping to my MFP recommended calories (an EPIC fail every week) and I don't do any "exercise". On the plus side I get drug around enough from normal life that somehow my fat *kitten* loses weight most weeks. Gotta love an active job.

I am of the mind that the key to weight loss is eating! Good eating, enough eating to stay full and fueled, eating so that you don't feel deprived or like you are "dieting"- all those things lead to this being like a piece of cake and sustainable over long term, which any of us that has 50+ lbs to lose NEEDS this to be sustainable over long term
  • katesback15
    Options
    Hello everyone! I love the inspiration I get from talking to others! Will be happy to share the journey with each and everyone of you lovely people!
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get a weightloss ticker? Xx
  • Snugglebutt2014
    Options
    I've just had a play. Hopefully it will come up on here? I had to go to the web page rather the app on my phone to make one though.
  • Snugglebutt2014
    Options
    It didn't come up did it?
    Boo! I shall try again :-(
  • Snugglebutt2014
    Options
    73619007.png
  • andriacheever
    andriacheever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Andria and I'm 44 years old and my two daughters have never seen me thin. I'm presently at 217 lbs. and need to be 140 lbs. to be healthy and happy! I'm tired of waiting on my husband to be on board with a program, so I'm going for it. My younger daughter who's still at home is a big support and is starting to walk with me. I just started my lifestyle change yesterday, but I'm super excited about it! I plan to reach my goal by the end of this year with a lot of HARD work. Any encouragement is appreciated!
  • katesback15
    Options
    Yes and it can be done!! We are all here to support each other and I think that will really help :) xx
  • katesback15
    Options
    I created my ticket on the main web page and clicked it come up on all forum posts but it isn't. Stupid computers haha x
  • katesback15
    Options
    80503344.png
  • acurley01
    Options
    I have a very similar goal. I'm 31, have 3 kids, started a desk job 2 years ago and have just piled on the weight. Currently I weigh 233 pounds and am 5'9". I would really like to get back down to 150 but that's a ways off. Right now my first goal is to get under 200 and then to get to 170.