Some days all I want to do is eat.

Options
Well today is a wash... I have done nothing but eat

Replies

• jodielarms
    jodielarms Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That has been my whole week. I feel like crap and want to cry.I can't seem to get back to healthy choices :(
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    shame man, I have had days like that too. think of doing the 5:2 diet, then you can enjoy all the goodies you like 5 days a week and eat only 500cals 2 days a week...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Maybe you set your goal weight loss too aggressive. Tomorrow is a new day, a fresh start.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just had a binge and trying to see how I can salvage the rest of the day! So you are not alone
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Just had a binge and trying to see how I can salvage the rest of the day! So you are not alone

I agree with this, I'm having a beer day! Next week will be all about clawing the weekend back but I'm currently enjoying myself and thats what lifes all about:)

• EMT099013
    Options
    Hang in there. It's tuff sometimes, especially depending on your work schedule. I am a firefighter medic and work long shifts, trying to eat when I can. : (
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I am about to start chewing on my arm!!! Erk!
  • adriat
    adriat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me too. I hate the weekend...always throws me off.
  • 99dragonflies
    99dragonflies Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weekends kill ughhh and so do negative jerks lol
  • SarahHowells1
    SarahHowells1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yep I ate like double maintenance yesterday.. don't beat yourself up sometimes your body needs some extra nourishment =)
  • chopsuey54
    chopsuey54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was like that until I bought Hairy Dieters recipe books. Their meals fill me up and are all calorie counted and the recipes are all recognised by this app so easy to keep track on calories. Many recipes for snacks and even cakes in their books too. I have a day cooking and box them up into portions so easy to freeze and grab and go. Stick with it, we all get binge days.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    slimbettie wrote: »
    shame man, I have had days like that too. think of doing the 5:2 diet, then you can enjoy all the goodies you like 5 days a week and eat only 500cals 2 days a week...

No. Math is math, whatever your eating timing.
  • Cris8833
    Cris8833 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds very familiar. Trying sooooo hard to get back on track :o
  • Heatho1
    Heatho1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too, it's so hard. After 6 weeks of staying on track I suddenly got hungry and can't seem to stop eating. 5 days in a row and it's starting to show on the scale.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's like that. Make sure that you're eating enough in the first place, and that you're eating your exercise calories back.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    slimbettie wrote: »

No. Math is math, whatever your eating timing.

This caught my eye too. I don't think 5:2 is supposed to be a license to eat all the goodies you want on those five days, just that you get to eat more than you would if you were applying the same deficit every day of the week. See what the math tells you, maybe you'll find that the higher/lower approach is easier for you to comply with.
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Same here... had a *kitten* weekend. Had a *kitten* weigh in this morning. Need to lock it back down as of today.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for being honest with yourself and sharing it. It's good to see I'm in good company. I really went off track yesterday. Weekends are my weakness. I know it's up to me to take control, but after the long hours all week, I just seem to need to unwind. This weekend will be out of town, so I'm hoping by staying busy it will help.
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I am so hungry but I am actually really thirsty. I'm trying to hit the water bottle instead of food. So hard not to want to snack in-between meals sometimes...but WE CAN DO THIS !
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've found I often fall into the "in for a penny in for a pound" mentality. If I binge at one meal or eat something terrible, say an entire rack of ribs for instance, I'll just give up, call it a wash, and binge the rest of the day. Step one is just not letting that happen. It's not a wash and your day can be saved... so what, you screwed up one meal, just leave it at that and get back to watching the rest of your day. Stick to portion control... you can have delicious stuff that is fattening, just small portions. I can eat a rack of ribs, but do I have to? I could be satisfied with 4 ribs so leave it at that and bag up the rest. No need to eat until you're stuffed just because it's there.