amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Love it!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Awesome
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I've seen that before--it's great!

I love how the girl at the end can afford terrible hair dye, but not real food. ;)
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    THANK YOU!!! Seriously... its about being too lazy to cook for yourself, not that you cannot afford it.. cooking from scratch is not that hard...
  • juniebug2013
    juniebug2013 Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2015
    Love this! Also, if one happens to have an Aldi's nearby their produce is incredibly affordable. I can get enough fruits and veggies to last my family of 5 for a week for $20-$25 usually. Not to mention their dirt cheap milk and eggs. I realize prices vary by location, but for us Aldi's has been a huge factor in sticking to our budget.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Truth
  • jayne230360
    jayne230360 Posts: 5 Member
    Go to your local supermarket around 6pm, or find out the times they lower their prices.
    I'm lucky my hubby works at a supermarket so I get some good knock down prices on fruit and veg.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    giphy.gif
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited February 2015
    Agreed totally!

And you only have to want it bad enough.

Buy some pots and plant some tomato seeds and lettuce etc. Lots of veggies do perfect in pots on your patio or at your front door etc. ( if you dont have a garden)
    Herbs do perfect and look cute in your kitchen

Google or go to Pinterest and you find all kind of information how the re-grow Roman Lettuce and celery and green onions etc.

I get out of one bunch of chives 3 portions at least. I cut them for use and the roots with an inch left of the "plant" i put in a glass of water and it re-grows very fast. same for roman lettuce, celery etc.

And so on with a lot of food. People lack imagination, energy and spirit to be more active.

You know how cute pot hangers are with strawberries? And they grow every.
  • elansc
    elansc Posts: 24 Member
    Super post! Thanks!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Agreed totally!

And you only have to want it bad enough.

Buy some pots and plant some tomato seeds and lettuce etc. Lots of veggies do perfect in pots on your patio or at your front door etc. ( if you dont have a garden)
    Herbs do perfect and look cute in your kitchen

Google or go to Pinterest and you find all kind of information how the re-grow Roman Lettuce and celery and green onions etc.

I get out of one bunch of chives 3 portions at least. I cut them for use and the roots with an inch left of the "plant" i put in a glass of water and it re-grows very fast. same for roman lettuce, celery etc.

And so on with a lot of food. People lack imagination, energy and spirit to be more active.

You know how cute pot hangers are with strawberries? And they grow every.

I do this, I grow salad leaves and herbs in grow bags and pots in my teeny garden and front lawn. Save a fortune by not buying bags from the supermarket, there's no wasted soggy leaves at the bottom of the bag and you can just go on planting the seeds all spring and summer (at least where I am).

The slugs got my rocket last year though :(

• kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I love this post it is wonderful and I think that so many people need to see this. Thanks!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Totally agree with the thought behind this......but...I don't know where they're shopping, but some of those prices are crazy cheap. Wherever it is, I need to move there. lol.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited February 2015
    Prices may be off, but - I agree
    Fact: I have been on MFP 3 years and it is cheaper to shop for healthy food than buying junk food, and eating out, or fast food.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    We lived in California before and its more expensive there. But still cheaper buy food and cook from scratch. Plus it is healthier to cook your self.

Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with a frozen pizza...ones in a while lol
    But i rather make them myself too.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    giphy.gif

+1 that was spot on.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I am unemployed and looking for work. I must live on a very, very tight budget for food. I am thrilled with the produce markets in my area and the sales on fruit and vegetables. It seems there are always great prices on something and as a result I eat a great variety. I do shop mostly at those markets and watch the sale flyers constantly.

Protein is higher in cost but I do use eggs for dinners at least once a week. And I can make a great soup with beans or other good price protein as a budget dinner meal and get several meals from one pot of soup. I do not eat costly processed food. If you figure the cost per pound of potato chips and compare that with cost per pound of carrots (or some other sale produce) it is obvious that we CAN afford healthy food! I know I cannot afford to eat out, or buy expensive snacks, but I certain do not need those!