LOOKING FOR KETO FRIENDS

Options
Looking to add some serious Keto friends. Have lost over 70 pounds so far, with 39 to go. Work out alot. When sending a friend request, please let me know a little about yourself. Men or women welcome, but I am looking for serious Keto people.

Replies

• weight12345
    weight12345 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been eating this way for 2 months and have lost 17.5lbs.Like any other way of eating you have your hard times. But I love it.
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ive heard following the KETO diet is dangerous. Is that true? Just looking for honest answers not trolling.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have been following low carb, high fat since July 21. I lost 90 pounds so far.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The research I have done does not indicate that it is dangerous unless you have certain existing health issues (kidney disease being the most serious). It was suggested to me by my Doctor, but I would also like more friends who follow it, as I am a bit confused by the macros I should be set at and things like that.

Edit to clarify: Most of this reply was to answer BeardedStudWarrior's question.
  • gulatip
    gulatip Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also currently doing Keto and would love to have a friend I could share recipes with and motivate one another
  • samolcap
    samolcap Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    im on keto since october. Its very difficult for me to add fat. i have lost 3 kilos. im also looking keto friends
  • nakitten
    nakitten Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto since January and I've lost 15 pounds. A few ways I add fat are chicken/tuna salad with plenty of mayo, bulletproof coffee (McT or coconut oil and butter blended into hot coffee), and heavy whipping cream. I'm also looking for Keto friends.
  • Miyak0
    Miyak0 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I plan to start me to adaptation in March. Me to friends would be great.
  • nymple
    nymple Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out on keto but I did (doctor supervised) LCHF for a while last year with really good results (both for weight and blood sugar). Aiming to be a little more focused this time and to make it lifestyle rather than a short term fix. Happy to have more keto friends although I'm not sure if I count as serious yet!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm keto, add me if you want. My only issue with it is I start to lose a little energy when I'm at the heaviest end (not dehydrated, I drink coffee, tea, and water all day), so I'm trying to figure out the sweet spot with it.
  • dvw443
    dvw443 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started keto a few weeks ago and (minus the keto flu) I LOVE IT!!! I need more Keto friends! <3
  • Niube
    Niube Posts: 6
    Options
    2nd month in keto here. feel free to add
  • eraser51
    eraser51 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    keto with on and off for about 1 1/2 year.. :)

Lost 35kg till now... stall since 4 months :/

guess need to upp the protein!?
  • vapoetry
    vapoetry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This thread doesn't seem particularly active right now (lol), but I'm looking to start a ketogenic eating style and I'm looking for friends/support. I'm a complete newbie, so any input from anyone who has done it
    or is doing it now is greatly appreciated! =)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ive heard following the KETO diet is dangerous. Is that true? Just looking for honest answers not trolling.

Definitely not. There are major health benefits. Too many to list. Low carb in general is basically our natural human diet.
    Check out this site for more information and you will also find more links for even more info and studies if interested. www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/
    I've been Keto for over 3 months now and I've never felt better! I'm also smaller than I have been in over 15 years!
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Lost 42 pounds so far and have more energy and focus than ever. I'm hitting the downhill slide with only 20 lbs to go. Need friends so we can continue to cheer each other on until goal!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I am at 300 days more or less eating under under 50 grams of carbs due to cutting out most all sugar and all grains. Pain levels are now well managed just from diet. IBS cleared up and has been totally gone for 4+ months, etc.

In the last couple years before I started Very Low Carb Very High Fat (coconut oil was the first fat that I added) I did lose from 250 to 230 on my normal diet but just eating less by going hungry but not much net results.

On LCHF I stay stuffed most of the time and over the last 300 days have lost a little over 30 more pounds putting me just under 200 for the first time in 22 years. I am eating about 2600 calories most days but it takes 3000 for me to maintain which I stop and do after every 10-15 drop in weight.

Most people are not going to cut back or cut out carbs so LCHF is not a way of eating for the masses. I do it for other health reasons but weighing less is a plus for my other health issues.

After 40 years of abusing carbs they had done a number on my health so a healthy person may have very different response than I did.

There is NOTHING magical about eating < 50 grams of carbs daily to stay in a state of nutritional ketosis. In my case I can not abuse fat the way I can abuse carbs because I feel up and would gag if I tried to eat more high fat foods so I wind up reducing my calorie intake due to eating VLCHF. On carbs I could eat until I burst for some reason.

After trying it for 90 days in a serious way you will know if it is for you for life or not. I plan to be a lifer.

• tcoun
    tcoun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey anyone can add me! I've been doing Keto for 6 months now and I've lost 85 pounds :smile: I do 20 net carbs or less per day.
  • jgoldie1964
    jgoldie1964 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How many calories/Fat/Protein?
  • JRC707
    JRC707 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Would love some keto friends!!!