I really need help!!

Options
Ok I have fallen off. Haven't been on in a week and I feel bad! And I think I may have gained a few pounds! :( please help and give me some advice! It will really be appreciated!!

Replies

• fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and get back on track with your next meal. We all fall off the wagon sometimes and your MFP friends are here to help you get back on. You can do this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You pick yourself back up and keep going. We all fall off a time or two. Everyday is a fresh start. Just get back on track!!
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    Today is a new day! Just start fresh and forget last week - don't beat yourself up, only look forward. You can do it!!!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Like everyone says we all have our bad days and even bad weeks...heck most of us had bad years and just jumping back. So I know you can do it!!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Glad your back. Today is a new day and this past week is...well, in the past. Just try to take this one day at a time. You've already taken the first step-good for you! Good luck.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You slipped - and it's ok. You're back now, just pick up where you left off. Remember, you're in this for the long run.

Progression, not perfection.
  • harley34
    harley34 Posts: 1
    Options
    Dust yourself off. Put one foot in front of the other and start fresh. You logged on again and that is the first step....:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Never regret the past, never anticipate the future. Be Here Now.
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Well, I can only tell you what I did when I was in the same situation. I "fell off" and absolutely "gained a few pounds" a few weeks ago. However, I decided quitting was not an option, so I read through the amazing success-in-progress stories on this site, looked at the unbelievable transition photos posted here, drew inspiration from other folks on the same journey, got on the scale to assess the damage, and started a new exercise program that should be beneficial if it doesn't kill me first. You can do it, too!!
  • mrshill1618
    mrshill1618 Posts: 14
    Options
    Everyone experiences this from time to time! The ones that succeed are the ones that get back up & keep it movin!!! You can do it!!!
  • Titch0808
    Titch0808 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    if we never failed or had minor blips... we wouldn't be human....

you have made the first step... get back on the wagon and dont look back...
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    First: Breathe!

Second: Forgive yourself. It happens. In fact, I just went on a little "bender" myself this weekend.

Three: Go right back to eating healthy as if you hadn't strayed. No better way to "fix" it, than to get back on the ball. I think I ate at least 4000 calories on Sunday! Geez! Normally I stay around 1300. But, Monday morning came and I dusted myself off and without looking back, started back to eating well and keeping track.

One of the best things I have found that personally works to help me get rid of emotional eating and that "I'm on a diet and now I want to eat EVERYTHING" feeling that used to plague me, is that I tell myself I can eat anything, as long as I take responsibility for it and don't beat myself up over it. (Part of me knows this really isn't completely true as I have Type 2 Diabetes, but the part that makes me want to eat bad food is too stupid to know that I'm lying.) I will always look at the nutrition facts first and that is usually enough to decide that the treat I am "craving" really isn't worth it. Feeling guilty and punishing yourself over it usually leads to more emotional eating and starts that whole vicious circle. I stop that cycle by taking away the guilt.

So dust yourself off and get right back on it. It's OK if you've gained a couple pounds. You lost them once, you can do it again! Today is a new day. Take it one meal at a time. You CAN do this!

Cheryl
  • SJHiker
    SJHiker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You made a good choice. The long term goal should be a lifestyle change. so, you made bad choices last week. So? It's what you do in the long term that really counts. Just plan a yummy healthy meal and go for a walk. You'll feel better and soon be offering your support to others:)
  • krg7
    krg7 Posts: 15
    Options
    Awwww!!! Thank you so much every1 for the encouraging words! I feel so much better and am gona try my best to stay on track!!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Focus on what is in your control which is the here and now. You can't re-do last week BUT you can plan healthy meals today, you can fit in a little bit of exercise and you can get right back on that wagon!! Do not let one week undo the work you did before :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just keep going forward!

The only way you will fail at this is if you give up trying, so don't worry about what happened, just concentrate on what you're doing now. And you posting and reaching out shows you want to do this. So good for you!