how to stay motivated

Options
I'm new to this and I need advice from different people about staying motivated to lose weight.

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I find myself motivated most by friends and family. Group accountability basically. I want to be able to come home in the afternoon and tell my husband and my friends here on MFP that I ran 3 miles today, or passed up the donuts in the breakroom for a healthier snack. I found this group called "Support group for YOUR goal". It's a group for people no matter what their goal to support, motivate, and encourage each other on our journey. Isabelle, the woman who started it, is a great motivator. I've provided the link below. Even if you choose not to join our group, a group might be what you need :).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103534-support-group-for-your-goal

Good Luck!
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I get motivated every time I look in the mirror and see muscles staring back at me! It's such a great feeling! :)
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think of my values. I value that sense of well-being that comes with eating good food and exercise. I also value and love fashion which is way more fun when you're a size 4-6 as opposed to a size 10.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Get up every day and commit to it. Eat within your calorie goals. Exercise or at least move more. Repeat.

Try to limit those "bad days" where you go overboard, and if you do have one, work really hard not to let it become two, three, four in a row.

Motivation comes and goes. There is no magic to it. Having the mindset to lose weight takes practice and patience. Just don't ever expect perfection....it is often the set up for failure.