discouraged

Options
Hey guys! Im feeling really discouraged right now. I would love some support! If you feel the same, we could help eachother out :)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why are you feeling discouraged?
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey! This whole process is a real emotional game. I know how you're feeling! Friend me if you want and we can support each other :smiley:
  • Bellawow
    Bellawow Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Harrismazz, I understand how that can happen. Are you tired of being on a diet? Is it because you are trying and nothing is happening? Not sure of the reason why you are feeling this way.

However, if it is because you are tired of being on a diet, then you are going about it the wrong way. I am not on a diet, I am changing the way I eat. Eating correctly is not about being deprived. I do not like being hungry. I am watching, my calories in my day, and my carbs. I eat 6 times a day and feel much better. I am diabetic so having smaller meals keeps my Blood Sugar in check which helps me to lose weight. It is 3 meals and 3 snacks, and my snacks are not high in carbs and sugar. By doing this I do not munch all day, and I do not get really hungry at meal times and over eat.

If it is because you are trying and nothing is happening, there are several things you can do. First, go see your doctor as there might be another reason for not losing. Next, if that is not the case check to see what you are really eating, and if you are exercising. You do not have to run marathons just do more than you usually do, and increase from there.

Lastly, are you being realistic in how much you want to lose. Like, are you losing but not happy about the loss. Remember any loss is a win. It means you are going in the right direction.

Again, we do not know the reason you are feeling this way. But I gave you some of my thoughts. I hope some of it helps.
  • amethystroseco
    Options
    I understand if you're feeling discouraged, especially if you're not seeing the results you want. I'm right there with you if the scale isn't budging (or going the wrong direction!) or you're having trouble keeping to the calorie goals. You're not alone. This truly is a step-by-step process to improve your life. You can do what you need to do to get to the goal you want. Think on how far you've come from where you started, even if it's just a few things that you have improved. You can do this.
  • starrmarie1960
    starrmarie1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am depressed about my weight loss and fight to keep going. You are not alone here. We are all in process of changing our lives. And we need help. Just hang in here with us. I will do what I can to help.
  • starrmarie1960
    starrmarie1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot. We ourselves don't see the changes looking in the mirror. Ive lost over all 62 pounds. My cloths are way too big but I still see the same old fat women in my mirror. I feel bones and have even dropped rings sizes. So I know I have lost weight just don't see it.