100 Calorie Packs

Options
I don't know if anyone has made a comment on these before, so I'm sorry if they did. I just have to say though, that I think the 100 calorie packs of snack foods are awesome. I really don't know what I would do without them! :love:

Replies

• dawnmsimpson
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has made a comment on these before, so I'm sorry if they did. I just have to say though, that I think the 100 calorie packs of snack foods are awesome. I really don't know what I would do without them! :love:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    They ARE really awesome. :love:
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Yes,

I love :heart: the 100 calorie packs. They are a lifesaver when you are wanting something sweet to satisfy you.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I love them, so much variety and they keep coming out with new ones!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Although they may be convenient, I don't eat them at all because they are basically empty calories, just think of all the other food that's good for you that you can eat 2 cups apples, an entire banana, plums, orange, half a nanner some ice and a 1/2 cup of skim milk and you have a shake. yogurt, cottage cheese. yes, its great to have a treat, but there might be a better choice? plus I hear sugar destroys your brain. laugh.:laugh:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Sugar is good in moderation , you just have to do it in moderation .
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I just discover the 100 calorie packs and I can't say that they are all great but I love the Rice Krispy treats! :love: They may be "empty" calories but during a certain time of the month they can help with the cravings, adn just on those days when you are wanting to eat something sweet or junk food, which is everyday for me. :laugh:
  • gryfndr98
    Options
    Espically when you need a quick cookie or chocolate fix. I love the grasshopper cookies the best. Even the Girl Scouts are getting into it. My friend is a leader and the Cinnamon Swirl cookies that are new this year come in individual 100 calorie packs. :love:
  • rainysoul
    Options
    Eating one now :)
    Love them!:heart::tongue:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yes...I do like them. I've been trying to not buy them since they tend to eaten WAY too quickly in my house. But a lot of times I make my own 100 calorie packs of almonds or pretzels or rice cakes...whatever. I do buy them occassionally when needing something sweet but not as much as I used to. They are good though!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • mytys1969
    Options
    The ninty calorie Special K bars are pretty good to but they make you want more. Just when you get into eating it it is gone. lol

I like the 5 calorie snack pack jellos by Hunts too..
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I love these things! They have been great for transitioning to this healthier lifestyle. It keeps me from having cravings I can't satisfy and the portion control helps a lot!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Look in the freeze section for "skinny Cow" The have to die for ice cream sandwichs ( in chocolate and vanilla) only 140 cals and 97% fat free!

Great treat for those late night sweet cravings
  • flachix
    Options
    Can I count the skinny cow as dairy??? sounds great. don't get me wrong, I am not against treats, but in trying to learn how to eat the right foods, its the empty ones I personally have the most difficulty with. However, that said, the protein bars that have about the same about of calories and all the vitamins in the world,AND tastes like a snickers is in my purse as we speak:blushing:
  • Stepho84
    Options
    Look in the freeze section for "skinny Cow" The have to die for ice cream sandwichs ( in chocolate and vanilla) only 140 cals and 97% fat free!

Great treat for those late night sweet cravings

My bf and I eat the vanilla ones. They are rather large and rather delicious.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Those Skinny Cows are delicious! If I want to splurge I have 1/2 of the sandwich with my whey after I lift because that's the one time it's good to have simple sugars. As far as the 100 calorie packs...well, I'm already limited in how much I can eat, and I have to make sure I cram as much nutrition into those limited calories as possible. Sure, 100 calories worth of cookies or cupcakes is only 100 calories, but it's 100 calories of crud that I could've used on 4 oz of chicken breast instead.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Soapbox Alert:

Don't click here unless. . . you'd rather have real food for your 100 calories.

http://www.journeywoman.com/travel101/100_snacks.html

Also, they cost about twice as much per ounce as their equivalents.

It's not that I don't believe in treats, I just LOVE real food!:flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I don't keep the 100 cal snack packs or the Skinny cow frozen desserts in the house just to eat them. They just really help when you want something sweet, and I'm all graped, bananad and strawberried out!:wink:

I would rather grab one of those treats then grab a bag of my kids stuff, or dive into their Ice Cream, and then feel like crap afterwards
  • flachix
    Options
    Went to the journey woman link, she still has empty calories on her list too. but there are also great ideas as well. I need nutrition for my 1200 calories. I hate to give up any progress I might have made by setting myself up for more sugar addiction ( and I am an addict). by eating empty. I envy you who have the will power to eat just that one serving. :cry: for me EMPTY=BAD.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you Flachix,

If there are 6 little 100 calorie packs in a box, and they involve refined sugar or refined flour in any way,

I WILL eat all six, which makes it a "600 calorie pack", LOL.:wink:

I believe that breaking our nationwide (worldwide?) addiction to sugar and white flour that becomes sugar in our bodies as soon as we eat it is really important.

Oh, man. . . sorry. . . I just can't seem to put my soapbox away.