Turbo Jam Question

Options
I have Turbo Jam and have had the dvd for months now, when I started MFP I couldn't do it for more than 10 minutes but now I think I'm ready. What do you all log it under on here? What's the calorie burn like? I hear it's an amazing amount! Anybody care to talk about it?

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    In the exercise database there is one called Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam). That's the one I use.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I log it under Kickboxing. Chalene is amazing. I have Turbojam myself, and I love the dvd set.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire but don't have a heart rate monitor so I log it under Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam) I think it's fairly accurate, I leave a little wiggle room by not eating ALL of my exercise cals to make up for any miscalculation. HRM is next on my list of purchases!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Oh I know, I'd love to have a HRM too but I'm a struggling college student right now so it's not in the cards. I saw Kickboxing Turbo Jam underneath Exercise on here but I wanted to make sure that's the one to use. I can't believe how high the calorie burn is after 60 minutes! The first time I tried it I felt silly and could hardly keep up but I'm sure it gets easier in time, right?
  • Helen_Ch
    Helen_Ch Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do the 45 minute Cardio Party DVD and burn about 400 calories in 45 minutes :)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Oh I know, I'd love to have a HRM too but I'm a struggling college student right now so it's not in the cards. I saw Kickboxing Turbo Jam underneath Exercise on here but I wanted to make sure that's the one to use. I can't believe how high the calorie burn is after 60 minutes! The first time I tried it I felt silly and could hardly keep up but I'm sure it gets easier in time, right?

If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I log it under kickboxing, too. At first I haaaaated Turbo Jam because I was so out of shape (and uncoordinated..still am. lol) but if you stick with it, you'll eventually be able to do it. I couldn't do the 20 minute workout at first, but now I finish the cardio party with no problem. I think I stuck with it just because it's so fun. I want to get the other Turbo DVDs..cardio part 2 and whatnot. The calorie burn is insane. I did 40 minutes today and burned over 600 calories, according to MFP. But yes, it will get easier if you keep it up. Good luck!
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    I do the 45 minute Cardio Party DVD and burn about 400 calories in 45 minutes :)

Awesome, I have cardio party too, great burn!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Yes it gets easier but when it gets easier then it's time to push harder :) lol
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Thank you all...I am so uncoordinated but I do love to dance and act a fool, can't wait to try it again tonight!!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just did Cardio Party 2 and was wearing my KiFit (UK's version of BodyMedia Fit) - I burned 434 calories

For Cardio Party 1, I burn roughly 460 calories
  • Helen_Ch
    Helen_Ch Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The other great thing about Turbo Jam is that it really works your abs the entire time! And don't worry about looking like a fool...just have fun and move :) It's my new favorite workout! I just bought the Punch, Kick & Jam DVD on ebay.
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Whew! I just did this tonight and it kicked my tail! Could only do 20 minutes of it...and what's amazing to me is I've been doing Walk Away the Pounds, the 4 mile walk with Leslie Sansone...but could only stand 20 minutes of this one, great burn though and I'm sure I'll work my way up!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hey, 20 minutes is better than zero! Good job! Turbo is a lot more intense than walking, though, which is probably why it felt so difficult. But that's good because it means you've got a new goal. :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 a couple of days ago... I liked it.... it's different than Cardio Party 1, which I still think is better

I'm going to try Cardio Party 3 on Saturday