Looking for maintaining friends.

Options
Hi! I'm a 21 year old looking for some friends who are interested in maintaining their weight. I don't really care if you're young or "old" or male or felame. I'm just trying to build up a support/encouragement system for people who want to maintain. If I end up losing a little weight I'm not going to complain though :p. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    I'm also maintaining. Sent you a request. :)
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    I'm just starting maintaining by slowly adding calories back in. I still have 3 pounds to lose, but I figure I'll lose them while trying to find my right maintenance level.
  • immortalities
    immortalities Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Added! Also trying to maintain my weight - technically, I could stand to gain a couple of pounds but I'm still trying to work out my calories :smiley:
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda new here and I'm maintaining! Loving MFP wish I'd started it ages ago for my weight loss (I did weight watchers to loose). X
  • RenaeNae23
    Options
    I'm maintaining now, but trying to build muscle, don't want to lose anymore weight but have a couple more body fat % to lose so some muscle definition will really start showing. Kinda hard to not lose weight and lose fat at the same time so I'm pushing hard on the weight lifting. Started IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) realizing I'm not eating the calories I need a day and have to keep it low fat. Of course I could fill my calories easily with bad stuff but not what we want right? ;) Doing pretty good though. Meal prep every week is real helpful to maintain and make sure I'm staying on track for the week. Lifestyle change with lots of dedication, motivation, and patience! Haha :) good luck!
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    As I weighed myself today and saw that I lost another pound despite having yet again increased my calories....something occurred to me.

My weight gain had been slow and steady - essentially 1/4 pound a month for several years before I decided to lose it. So, I was going over my own maintenance level by about 29 calories a day while gaining. Meaning, that if I want to maintain I'm essentially going to have to go back to my old overeating habits, but with half a cookie less per day. I'm not even sure I can eat that much in healthy food. It was always the chips and cheesecake that pushed the calorie number up.

Anyway, just a random realization. Not sure if I should celebrate with cheesecake. I'm actually kind of confused as to how my prior eating habits could have been anything near right.