So here I am, I'm right back at it again

Options
Hey MFP gang. I'm Amanda -- 28, engineer, urban gardener, aging emo/post-hardcore kid (look for me at riot fest Chicago!), amateur meteorologist. I don't have much to lose, I'm currently at 133 (down from 143) at 5'7". When I hit 130 I'll start focusing on body recomp; I've done Starting Strength before and loved it, so I'm ready to start lifting heavy again. Currently I do 20-30 mins of cardio during my lunch break, for extra eatin' later in the day. I also do yoga, barre or acro 4 nights a week, and I just bought a month at my fiancé's bouldering gym which I'm loving. I want to hike every national park in the US (just checked off the Everglades in January!) and do Eco-tourism all over the world, so being active and in shape has become super important to me. But enough about me, add me so I can be inspired by you and like your statuses and all that fun stuff. ☺️

Replies

• starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • adampowell123
    Options
    Tell me about it. I'm back on MFP again. I fell off the wagon.
  • gwayby
    gwayby Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's a slippery wagon ;)
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    One of my big motivations is how my belly hangs over the belt on my backpack when I go hiking in the summer. I'm really looking forward to getting out this summer with a lot less weight to carry. I've posted a picture of me from last summer.
  • MichaeltheMarine
    MichaeltheMarine Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Definitely just want to be happy with what I see in the mirror! I've really gotten out of shape since exiting the Marine Corps...I don't think I will ever be at that level of shape again and that is okay, just don't want to be able to maintain a good weight and be more active...Goat Enthusiast - gwayby?