no veg

Options
phoinx
phoinx Posts: 11
ok im a strange little one i understand this but could anyone suggest some or even one good website that has recipes that either dont have vegetables in them or can be easily adapted. neither me or my partner eat vegetables and im finding it next to impossible to find ways of making dinner more interesting.

any thoughts?? 8o)

Replies

• Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You eat no vegetables at all?? You can't find even a couple you like?
  • phoinx
    phoinx Posts: 11
    Options
    potato and sweetcorn. i have tried believe me i even had a friend cook me dinner with veg and ended up being sick all night :/ ..
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are starch and corn is a grain. Not even lettuce?
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I used to be in your boat, but do this: buy a sweet potato, cut it into 'french fry' pieces, throw some salt on it, and throw it in the oven until they're crispy. if you don't like it, then you may e-slap the heck outta me. it'll be about 100-130 calories, and TONS of good for you things in it.

Here's what I used to do when I was "allergic" to veggies: if a recipe calls for particular veggies, throw all of them into a blender or food processer until its just a blended mess... and then sneak it into your food. If you don't typically eat veggies at all, then this is a great thing to do when making a sauce of some sort. It's great for me as my wife is a vegetarian so she/we can get all of our veggies and then some when eating a pasta w/ tomatoe sauce and you don't even know the veggies are in their if you saute them to nothingness (just don't drain the liquids... let it simmer or evaporate so you keep all the nutrients.)

Thats my best advice if you REALLY refuse to eat them. However, like I said, I used to be like you not very long ago, but its whats made me a bit of a cook and I actually enjoy cooking now because I always have to figure out how the heck I'm going to make these things taste good! And I do!
  • SweatinSammie
    SweatinSammie Posts: 126
    Options
    I'd start with the friendlier vegetables - like spaghetti squash or green breans sprinkled with garlic powder and evoo.

You can always boil broccoli & cauliflower and melt a little bit of 1% cheddar cheese on them!

Thinly sliced tomato grilled with light mozarella cheese - sprinkled with a red wine vinegar & evoo, salt and pepper MMMM

I think my favorite vegetable dish is simply diced tomato, zuchinni and onion - put in a pan and cooked slowly with evoo until they're all a little mushy!

Try and get those veggies in girl - they're essential for your body and you can fill up on them with out wasting calories - good luck!
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in the SAME boat!

I hate lettuce .. but after some "experimenting" I realized that I don't mind spinach & romaine lettuce. Paired with a vinaigrette, Fat free croutons, and some shredded cheese .. perfect!

However.. Over the past couple of years, I've really started to like broccoli & cauliflower - raw with some kind of dip, or mixed with shredded cheese & crumbled turkey bacon. Delicious!

I've tried mashed cauliflower.. hated it. BUT I do want to try it again with mashed potato flakes, just till I get used to it.

Spaghetti Squash - was gross to me. But some people like it.. The texture made me gag.

sorry..... JUST being honest!

I have realized that I don't mind peppers.. esp when they are chopped and sauteed with meat.

I LOVE sweet corn & corn on the cob..

My advice is to try one or two new veggies a week - even if it's something you've already "sworn" off. Your taste buds change over time - so continue trying things and trying new recipes. That's my plan!