Looking to lose weight and tone up! Advice?!

Options
Hi everyone! Any tips on fighting sugar cravings? Love candy and anything sweet but trying to combat those cravings because I'm trying to lose weight!

Replies

• Zack_McVey
    Zack_McVey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly you don't have to give up sweets, you'll just need to cut back and eat them in moderation. Another tip, is to eat some fruit when you have a sugar craving
  • Pragmatic14
    Pragmatic14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Brooke I did the 10 Day green smoothie detox and although the plan was more than I bargained for, my cravings for sweets have dissipated.
  • brookemartell
    brookemartell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply! I've always wanted to try the green smoothie detox. Looking into it now!
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I manage my sugar and carb cravings by limiting my intake of them. Whenever I do have sugars or carbs, I crave them more quickly. It is a drug.

I try to stay satisfied by consuming plenty of fruits, vegetables, proteins, and good fats. I have small meals and snacks every 2.5-3 hours.

I agree with Zack about portion control. The last doughnut I had was just glazed (no icing or filling) and it took me three days to eat it.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sometimes cutting stuff completely for awhile can be really helpful. Just until you stop craving them and get used to not having it. Then you can add it back in, in the amount and in the ways that you think will be good for you.

So you could cut out sugary stuff for say a month. Then decide the role that you want sugar to play in your life. Holidays & special occasions only? One dessert every day? One sweet snack a day? Something small with every meal? One off-plan meal a week? It's up to you.

I find if I eat it too often, I start to need it, and I resent that, so I like to keep some rules, not to be a jerk to myself or deprive myself, but to keep myself from just eating it as a routine because of a craving. I'd way rather have, say, the odd homemade hot cocoa and keep no other sweets around, and go out to an awesome local bakery every Saturday for a cupcake, than eat cookies several times throughout the day (meeting cal goals or no, I just don't want that routine). What I gain is more appreciation and enjoyment when I do eat the thing (as opposed to mindless face stuffing because I have it so often) and also more stability and a sense of control.