Juicing

anyone doing a lot of juicing?
I juice almost every day.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    No juicing here. But I do go through phases where I make a green smoothie for breakfast. I've been in one of those phases for a few months now.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Once in a while smoothies are good plus with smoothies all the fiber is still there.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Oh man, I miss fresh tangerine juice and carrot apple juice. Now I want to buy a juicer...
  • walkingwomyn
    walkingwomyn Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2015
    I usually make a juice with chard, carrots and beets. Then pore that in the vitamix to make a smoothly with apples & Banana. I also through in seeds.
  • walkingwomyn
    I pretty much will juice anything. Sweet potatoes are really great.
  • techgal128
    I pretty much will juice anything. Sweet potatoes are really great.

A sweet potato?? What are you using as a juicer? A woodchipper?
  • walkingwomyn
    @Techgal128 Breville Multi-speed
  • walkingwomyn
    Sweet potatoes are one of the greatest sources of beta-carotene of all vegetables, even higher than carrots. In fact, only 112 calories (a small sweet potato) contains 369% of your daily need of vitamin A. They are also plenteous in vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and carbohydrates, and are a good source of fiber. Surprisingly, they are even a rare low-fat source of vitamin E. Choosing from 58 vegetables, the Center for Science in the Public Interest ranked sweet potatoes as number one in Vitamins A and C, folate, iron, copper calcium, and fiber, far below the white potat
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Closest i come to juice is a vital greens drink each day. Id eat delish fruit and veggies will all the good fiber too.
  • techgal128
    Sweet potatoes are one of the greatest sources of beta-carotene of all vegetables, even higher than carrots. In fact, only 112 calories (a small sweet potato) contains 369% of your daily need of vitamin A. They are also plenteous in vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and carbohydrates, and are a good source of fiber. Surprisingly, they are even a rare low-fat source of vitamin E. Choosing from 58 vegetables, the Center for Science in the Public Interest ranked sweet potatoes as number one in Vitamins A and C, folate, iron, copper calcium, and fiber, far below the white potat

Sweet potatoes get their flavor after they are baked though. Do they really taste like anything after they are juiced?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Well you're not juicing them for the flavor but for the nutrients....that's why people usually add stuff with stronger/sweet tastes like carrot and apple.

I go through phases where I juice a lot then I don't. It's a lot of calories to drink at one time! :D
  • walkingwomyn
    @wizzyberh it is a
    Lot of cals. That's why I start my day with it.