Chocoholic !!!! Why do I crave chocolate at night after my evening meal?

Options
Don't want chocolate in the day at all , yet I eat tea , and then can't get enough chocolate !!! How long does it take to not want it ? I've heard if you don't eat it for 30 days you don't want it , is this true ? Or a myth ?? Help !!

Replies

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't know, sorry. I eat some chocolate every night for supper. I look forward to it, I savour it, and I log it.
    Could you buy some of the kids share packs and just have one each night?
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Don't fight it, accommodate it. Build a night snack into your plan. Log it first, then use the remaining calories for your meals. Just remember sweets are very expensive calorie-wise, so remember to be moderate. Good luck!
  • Lwants2Bhealthy
    Options
    may i suggest a no sugar added chocolate like simply lite brand?
  • CathyRin
    Options
    If you are craving chocolate, it could be a sign of magnesium deficiency. I know that's what my cravings were linked to. Two ways to up your intake is to eat more leafy greens or to use a supplement. I find my body tells me in muscle cramps all over when I'm low.

Also, I still eat chocolate once a week or so, and a square or two of a 70% cocoa or higher always helps satiate the craving without going overboard. I eat Lindt Ecuador chocolate, and a serving is 3 bigger squares @ 150 calories per serving. So if one or two squares are all I need, then I can usually account for the extra 50-100 calories in a pinch. I hope this helps, cheers :)
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who budget for chocolate. It is part of my everyday plan. Dove dark chocolate squares or Chocolove Ginger are on the food pyramid - up in the corner.. somewhere there..
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Switching your chocolate with chocolate protein bar for 3 weeks and then to green apple with unflavored protein bars for 2 weeks then to 1 whole green apple.
    Count your calories, and think about reasons why you want to get in shape during craving. It will help.
    Also use green tea prior to cravings might be helpful.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Or it's just a habit that you've gotten into. It's fine -- you can still eat chocolate and lose weight -- but you're probably just craving it because you always eat it at that time.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I budget for a hot chocolate every night.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Dove dark chocolate and a few almonds. It's amazing!
  • coraborealis80
    coraborealis80 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Very few things have stopped tasting good, like super sweet colas and some fried foods, but I still love milk chocolate.

Don't excessively deny yourself! That's how you sabotage! Instead, indulge in smaller servings. You don't need to eat a whole candy bar. I cut it in 1/8ths or 1/4ths depending on the calories, and snack on it for a month sometimes.

Or, I make a super small batch of chocolate chip cookies. I even have my own recipe for 6, which can totally be cut down to just 3. http://rinnskitchen.blogspot.com/2014/12/base-cookie-dough-for-6-cookies.html

32 lbs. and still going!
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I buy Ghirardelli dark 60% chocolate squares. Each square has 50 calories. I plan my daily intake to allow for 1 or 2 every night after dinner. I just log it, and enjoy it! Oh, if you don't like plain dark chocolate, they have the most wonderful sea salt caramel choc. square, which have 70 calories per square. Worth saving the calories for!
  • Soozkins
    Soozkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found that if I had a dinner that had a lot of salt in it, it made me want something sweet afterwards. So if there's any way to cut out salt from your meal, it might help.