Putting Myself out there...please be nice ;-)

Options
So...... advice PLEASE! As you all know I have been doing great all weekend!!! I was SO stoked! Feeling Fantabulously fantastic when... today... YIKES OMG I just went ahead and had a few "nibbles" at work.. and OH MY WOW! Did it add up YIKES!!! IN order to "fix this" I need to do 80 mins of step aerobics and 50 mins cardio and my feet are killing me but I do have energy or do I just count today as a loss since I am having these feet issues.... thoughts? Comments?

Replies

• yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just do some kind of exercise so that you mentally feel better. You are always going to have slips it how we recover that shows we are serious.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think you just in pinpointed my whole problem I am so all or nothing about this and I keep crashing and burning. It's like I have this idea in my head that if I don't workout for like 2 hrs and burn it all I might as well not even bother because I am going to be fat forever. I know it's crazy but I just cant stop this mentality in my head. I guess when I look at you will weigh ___ in 5 weeks and I see a number ABOVE my current weight whether it's 2 lbs more or 5 LBS more I still see the same thing...failure and weight gain instead of loss so I just hang it up. Then I carry it with me the next day, it's just a vicious cycle. Almost like the last few days I did good do not count anymore because I messed up SO BAD today I erased all my hard work. :'(:'(:'(
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    If you had a bad day today, which most of do have...aren't you lucky that tomorrow is a new day? You get a fresh start. Drink lots of water, stay within your calories...make them good calories (veggies, fruit, lean proteins) and you will have a different message at the end of your day from MFP tomorrow!
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    True you are doing great, don't beat yourself up if you slip up. If you have the energy and really want to get some kind of exercise in, knock out a workout that does not call for you to be on your feet aka core or arms. This is a learning process for us all, use the knowledge to help you later in on in your journey. You got this, please be kind to yourself and keep moving on.
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That thing isn't really accurate anyway, at least not for everyone. One bad day will not undo all of your progress. There will always be days you eat more than other days - that's life! You're being way too hard on yourself. And if you're already hurting I wouldn't do too strenuous of a workout. If you end up hurting yourself you can't do your usual workouts until you've healed - remember that. Would you give up a few weeks for one day? It's not worth it - just take what you get and work harder at it tomorrow.

Also, is there any way you can log things at work before you eat them? Knowing ahead of time what you're putting in your body can often stop overeating in its tracks.
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I feel better already! I am going to do a workout that doesn't call for feet, I could certainly use a good core workout and tomorrow I am going to rock it out with some greens, veggies, fruit and water we are snowed it and I have stocked up on healthy choices so I am ready for a new start!!!!!! This site is just amazing and all of your support means so much to me!
  • jodes023
    jodes023 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Kimbers, I am doing the same thing. Splurged on valentine's day, planned ahead and thought I kept under my daily cal allotment and bam!!...up on the scales next day...then yesterday same thing...weights up on scale today! Frustrating!! Today I'm trying to make up for it and eat low cals, but I'm sitting here craaaving food!! I could even eat my ChapStick!!! Ha!! I injured my back weeks ago so am trying to lift my arms a lot lol. I guess we just have to go 1 day at a time and know we're only human, but I admit it's totally frustrating when actively trying to lose weight.
  • chemlabdoc
    chemlabdoc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to exercise before eating or drinking (beer) extra. Think about earning the extra nibbles rather than trying to pay for it later. That way you won't have to kill your feet.
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    chemlabdoc wrote: »
    I find it easier to exercise before eating or drinking (beer) extra. Think about earning the extra nibbles rather than trying to pay for it later. That way you won't have to kill your feet.
    This is a great idea~~~~ LOVE IT~!!!!!