foods look different now.

Options
I have noticed that anytime I look at food I am calculating the cals in my head. I think this is a very good thing because I am finally mindful of what I am eating. I feel stupid and enlightened at the same time.

Replies

• zamiesgirl
    zamiesgirl Posts: 37
    Options
    I do the same thing. I think ok wonder how many calories is in this. I am very mindful of what I eat now. Its strange how we can train our minds like that. Before I didnt care how many cal something had in it. Now I am careful not to go over 1300 cal a day. Good luck on your journey.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I don't feel so much enlightened in the present, as stupid in the past. I really wonder how I managed to stuff so much in my mouth without being conscious of the consequences!
    Well, we are all making good choices now. Here's to us!
  • GoGetTonedHippie
    Options
    I see food differently as well; what its made of, where it comes from, packaging. I really think about what I am putting in my body & how it makes me feel, I have become a lot more self aware & aware of others eating habits too
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't feel so much enlightened in the present, as stupid in the past. I really wonder how I managed to stuff so much in my mouth without being conscious of the consequences!

Same here. I can't believe how badly I ate, and for so long, and didn't ever make the connection that it was that way of eating that was making me gain so much weight. Of course now I'm just like "DUH!", but I really had my head in the sand for years.

I won't be making THAT mistake again. :wink:
  • damorzacon
    damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Same here. It amazes me how poorly and especially how much I was eating. I used to wonder what I was doing wrong when I was gaining...I could smack myself! :laugh:

I definitely catching myself wondering how many calories a meal is when I haven't prepared it myself. And what's amazing, is that I've gotten pretty good and guessing what the calorie content of things are.

You are not alone! :smile:
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

well said. I didnt think of it that way but its true.