110 lbs down in 6 months on MFP - With Pics

Options
slapshotgolf
slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
Sorry, I tried to just add the pictures to the earlier post, but I couldn't edit. Here's the post with updated pics. Thanks for everyone's kind words - and yes feel free to send me a friend request -

From earlier today -

Well I reached my mini-goal this morning when I clocked in at 269.8 lbs. I wanted to get to a nice rounded 110 lb loss mark for my 6 month (semi) anniversary, so it looks like the jogging the last couple of nights paid off. I ran into a couple of acquainances who hadn't seen me since last fall, and they're jaws dropped when they saw me. Its to the point now where people are quickly following up their "you look great comment" with "are you feeling ok?" - I completely understand - this kind of rapid weight loss isn't always related to good news - but thankfully I have nothing but hard work and determination to thank for these results. I have almost trashed my entire wardrobe save a few items - I've lost 12 inches from my waist and I'm pulling out clothes from the back of the closet, some with tags still on them, that I probably bought 5 years ago with hopes of one day wearing. Thankfully men's fashion doesn't change that much, and black jeans are always that - black jeans.

For anyone reading this who is just starting out - you can do unbelievable things in just 6 months. The largest obstacles for many are mental, rather than physical. Just to set your head straight -

1. This is not a race. It took years to gain the weight you have to lose. It will take less time to lose it, but it won't happen overnight. You can move a mountain, one stone at a time (old proverb).

2. It's okay if you stumble, and maybe even fall. We have to choose to get up again. Have a bad "food" day - who cares, start again tomorrow. You can't undo weeks of good with one bad day. Get on the horse again tomorrow!

3. You don't need to do anything drastic. Eat everything you want, in moderation. Count and track all of your calories, good or bad. Read up on some nutritional information.

4. Build your support network. Great people here at MFP. Support one another, hold each other accountable as well. Send out a request for friends, peiple are gracious with their time here.

5. Exercise. Do what you can as often as you can. Even if its just walking in the beginning. Graduate to more strenuous exercises as your body gets more fit.

6. You are worth it. Make the sacrifices. You will look back and only ask yourself why you didn't start earlier.

Thanks everyone - SSG.

Nov 2010

2qs575h.jpg

May 10, 2011

9avg35.jpg

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!
    Well done Mr!
    Looking good.
    An inspiration to us :O)
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    wow! that is an amazing difference!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Excellent! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!!
  • Tules13
    Tules13 Posts: 16
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! You look amazing.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You look great ...wtg!
  • spoiltrotten1
    Options
    Wow!! That is awesome!! You look great!! Congrats!!
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE! YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD! YOU ROCK MISTER!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    That is absoloutly unbeliveable! You look great!!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Well you already know that I'm one of your biggest fans..... I'm so proud of you and all the hard work you've done to accomplish what you have up to this point!!!
    I so admire you, your perseverance, dedication, commitment ......

Not to mention you are looking mighty F.I.N.E. Mr. SSG!!! Thank you for continuing to be an inspiration to us all, for your positive comments and posts daily and for being the kind, warm and sensitive person you always are.

and most of all..... for being my friend !!

Fesse
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This post is very inspirational...so happy for you and it definitely will push me to keep going. Thank you!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous.... and i love your hardwoods!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats! :drinker:
  • thatbelligurl
    Options
    Way to go!! That's awesome, you have a lot to be proud of!!:smile:
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    shine
  • jasonweinberg
    jasonweinberg Posts: 270
    Options
    killing it!
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    you lost like a whole person. crazy. good work.
  • kkbeard
    kkbeard Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! What an inspiring post.
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Incredible- good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!