I'm Ready To Design Me Losing 150!

Options
Elosphere
Elosphere Posts: 9
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Heyas everyone!

Very recent, I had an epiphany. I was thinking about going shopping for some craft supplies, and thinking about what I wanted to make. (I love to create, mind you. I like projects. I love to design).

And it hit me, why not design a new me? I have really never given it serious thought, though this is not abnormal, as I usually have this light bulb turn on every now and then, like it is a new massive discovery on earth. (Let me tell you I literally jumped off the couch at this thought)

So it sort of went like this. What did I want to make? Do I want muscle? Can I even build muscles like those you see going in and out of the gym? (Is it even possible as I no doubt will have a ton of skin, flaps yada yada). Do I want to be a runner (doubtful, but maybe). Become an amazing 41 year old swimmer? (I haven't had a suit on in 30 years- but I would do it!)

I know it is crazy and people say baby steps with everything you do, but I am the kind of person who needs to see the end. I like to "create," "dabble," spend time researching, cultivating something. I need an end sight, a big goal, it gets me crazy excited :)

So I plan to go diving into these forms here and see what other people are doing, and what I can do! Maybe go vegan? I would do it. Vegetarian? 4 hours a day in a gym? Done. (No idea if that's what a body builder does).

I am ready to kill this. 150 pounds! I want to design me!

Replies

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 125 lbs and working on the last 40-50.
  • Elosphere
    Elosphere Posts: 9
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you! How do I add? (new mission - will go figure that out)! That is amazing you lost 125!! That is so incredible! I will have to read up and find out how you did it! I am diving into this completely blind.

Edit: PS how long did it take you?
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The initial 120 lbs weight loss took me about 5 years. I spent a lot of time being content with my progress and would maintaining where I was at then start again. The longest has been most recently I've held at 230 lbs for about 2 years. I finally decided I'm ready to finish it off. When I lost weight I would do it rather quickly but I guess I was easily satisfied with myself
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    What you describe was similar to what happened to me. If you need expertise about nutrition and working out, and how they balance each other, see a nutritionist/trainer. Let them set up a program with you. It is a bit of money to have a few consultations, but well worth it when you know that what you are doing is actually healthy and good for you. There will be a lot of advice here, but if you don't know the source...you don't know if it will work long term or if it is good for you on any term. Feel free to add me if you want support.
    Best wishes with your health goals.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My best advice for you :)... Don't worry about right or wrong ways of eating, good foods or bad foods, or anything else! To start with, just learn to log accurately. Log everything and don't judge yourself. Once you have that down, start trying to stick to your calorie goal.

After you're able to stick to your calorie goal--Make some other goals. What do you want to accomplish? Maybe you want to start cooking more of your meals at home, eat out less, eat more veggies? Work on each thing ONE AT A TIME, so you won't get overwhelmed. Don't cut out everything, you'll just drive yourself crazy and feel completely deprived, leading to a fall off of the wagon.

Once you've comfortably established a logging habit, I highly recommend pre-logging! It keeps you from mindlessly eating whatever for your meals and then logging it later and realizing... "OOPS! That burger finished all my calories and I haven't had dinner yet!!" Pre-logging is my magical way of knowing what I'm going to eat and when I'm going to eat it--And when to stop eating, because I've eaten all my meals! It takes all the guesswork away and makes it much easier. :)

Go for that new design, you! ;)
  • Elosphere
    Options
    Maram: Thank you- I would have never ever thought to even consult anyone professional. I will have to keep that in the back of my mind!

Susieq- that is a great idea about prelogging!