5'10" - 5'11" Ladies - What's Your Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a large frame (based on bone/joint measurement tests) and am aiming for 180-200. My doctor recommends 200-210 for me, but I want to see if I can do a bit better.

My SW was 282+ and size 20. At my current weight of 231, I am a size 12/14 depending on style. Ideally I will be around a size 8-10 somewhere between 180-200 pounds.

I consume 1,800-2,000 calories daily and work out 30 min - 1 hour most week days, often exceeding 6-10 hours of leisurely to moderate exercise on the weekends.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a large frame (based on bone/joint measurement tests) and am aiming for 180-200. My doctor recommends 200-210 for me, but I want to see if I can do a bit better.

My SW was 282+ and size 20. At my current weight of 231, I am a size 12/14 depending on style. Ideally I will be around a size 8-10 somewhere between 180-200 pounds.

I consume 1,800-2,000 calories daily and work out 30 min - 1 hour most week days, often exceeding 6-10 hours of leisurely to moderate exercise on the weekends.

We are very similar. I started out at 300 pounds. I am now 215, but my lowest weight so far was 208. I was a size 22 to begin with--I am wearing size 10 jeans right now and slightly bigger sizes on top depending on fit.

I generally eat around 1200 calories/<100 G carbs and I work out for an hour each day, plus I get in an hour of walking the majority of the time.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and was aiming for 75kg which is about 165, but having just about got there am now wondering about trying for 155-160. I plan to move onto a maintenance diet and see where I end up.
  • hinaisold
    hinaisold Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 179 cm. so around 5'10.5? I weigh 134.5 lbs and I want to get it down to 130 so that I have a little buffer room in case I gain a bit of weight before reaching maintenance.

Other than that, everyone around me thought 150lbs was a very good weight for me :)
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10"..currently at 192 (down from my highest weight of 198) and my ultimate goal range is 155-165. The last time I was 165 I felt pretty good, but also felt like I could lose another 5-10 lbs and feel better.

About 10 years ago I went down to 145 that was too thin for me...I lost my curves and was so sad!!! Personal preference...I didnt look too thin really, I just really like having currrrves too much to let them go :blush:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It REALLY depends on you and how you carry weight to be honest

I've reached my goal, I think I'm looking good ...I'm only 5'8 and weigh 164lbs ...so much heavier than your goals when you have 3inches of height on me

Set a goal and check the mirror and adjust
  • Vistarr1
    Vistarr1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10" and my goal is 150. After I reach that goal, I want to get into shape and still wear the same size or even smaller and see what I weigh then. I am almost at goal. I was 130 pounds before I had babies but that was a long time ago.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a broad frame and busty.

When I was young (~15) I weighed 185 lbs and did only cardio type exercise. I didn't like how I looked and I thought I was very squishy. Boyfriends thought I was fat, but I looked like a normal, healthy girl when I look back at old photos.

I started lifting heavy and building muscle. When I was 19 I weighed closer to 210 and I liked how I looked much better, but I still wanted to lose a bit of weight.

Knowing what I know now, my end-goal is around 178 to 185 lbs depending on muscle.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I've reached my goal, I think I'm looking good ...I'm only 5'8 and weigh 164lbs ...so much heavier than your goals when you have 3inches of height on me

what she said. Depends so much on your bones and your muscle mass weight is an arbitrary number and says nothing about how healthy a person is or how good they look.
    Me, I'm 5'11" went down to 157 and have since been bulking up working now to get to my tightest ever body at around 170.

• joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Yep.

I'm a muscular 5'10 and aiming for 175lbs, which would put me at the top of my so called healthy BMI. I've been at 150lbs before (a long time ago) and just looked ill, and I don't want to have to struggle to maintain.

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5" and I'm aiming for 165-180 depending on how I feel when I get there. I know I don't want to go below 150, because that's as low as I can go without looking ill. I have a large frame, with wide shoulders).
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. My starting weight was 261. I initially made my weight loss goal to be 80 pounds. So far I'm 39 pounds down with 35%. I still 41 pounds to reach my weight loss goal, but I'm not sure if I'm going to have to re-adjust considering I have a bigger frame than usual at my height. Like someone said before, it's all about YOUR body and how YOU carry the weight. We're all built a little different :-)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    5'11" 160 now aiming for 135, but more realistically 145. I like how 145 looks on me, but we'll see when I get a little closer.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and 150 lbs (see profile pic). Aiming for 139-145 lbs. Started at 215 lbs.

I'm still a size 8 dress, and even then, some size 8s are tight (I'm looking at you, H&M skater dress I just bought...). I'm on about 1,600 calories net. I usually burn 100-500 extra calories and eat back 50% of them. I'm aiming for slow loss at this point.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'9" I would LOVE to get back down to my good old college weight of 135 but I don't think that is plausible.
    I'm trying not to rely so much with the numbers on the scale because right now I am the strongest I've ever been in my life and probably weigh the most.

ETA - I weight 160 now
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly over 5'10" and currently weigh 196. I started at 215 (-19lbs) and my ultimate goal is 170. I carry my weight pretty well so I don't appear as chunky as I really am. I would be looking pretty awesome at 170. Once I reach that weight, I'll probably start focusing less on cardio and more on getting firm and toned. It's been a long time since I've weighted less than 190.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have maintained between 146 and 153 for the last two years. It's what I weighed when I graduated from college as a slim young adult. It's the middle of the healthy BMI. 146 is the 'ideal weight' most calculators give me. It's what I came back to after both my kids were born. I'm 5'10", 55 now and quite curvy (38-29-39). I weighed 172 for most of the 15 years before MFP.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I think I look best at about 160. It does depend on where you carry it though.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly over 5'10" and currently weigh 196. I started at 215 (-19lbs) and my ultimate goal is 170. I carry my weight pretty well so I don't appear as chunky as I really am. I would be looking pretty awesome at 170. Once I reach that weight, I'll probably start focusing less on cardio and more on getting firm and toned. It's been a long time since I've weighted less than 190.

We are very similar! My goal is 175 right now... Same here, I'm in the 190's and carry it off alright, but I want to do more than just "carry my weight well" I want to look hawt lol! I look back at pics of myself when I was 165-175 and cant believe I felt big...I looked amazing! Perception is everything right?!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »

We are very similar! My goal is 175 right now... Same here, I'm in the 190's and carry it off alright, but I want to do more than just "carry my weight well" I want to look hawt lol! I look back at pics of myself when I was 165-175 and cant believe I felt big...I looked amazing! Perception is everything right?!

Sounds like my body type is pretty similar to both of you guys. I'm 5' 10 1/2" and I started around 215 and reached my goal of 165 back in June. I reset my goal to 159--I'd really like to settle somewhere in the 150s--but I plateaued until just recently and now I'm down to 163. I just have a little more flub around my rear end and belly I'd like to lose. I'm hoping when I get back to running in the spring that will nudge off the rest!