Tax Refund...What should I buy to help me reach my goal?!

Options
I just got my tax refund and thought that I should spend some money to help achieve my goal(s) better and more accurately. Not sure if I should buy a food scale? Watch? Any other ideas are appreciated! :)

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    How about paying for a years gym membership upfront?
    This way you know that you have signed up for a year, have access to all the great equipment with no risk of membership running out..
    Most likely still have plenty left over to treat yourself to something else you enjoy (fashion, technology, etc..)!!

I bet it feels great to get the refund!! I got one a few years back and it was awesome!! (to get something back out with the amount I've paid in definitely felt like a win!!!!).

All the best,
    Adam
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Is it enough for a few sessions with a personal trainer? What about a fitbit?
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A Fitbit, heart rate monitor, or food scale would be the best bet if you don't have any those.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Adam2k10 wrote: »
    How about paying for a years gym membership upfront?
    This way you know that you have signed up for a year, have access to all the great equipment with no risk of membership running out..
    Most likely still have plenty left over to treat yourself to something else you enjoy (fashion, technology, etc..)!!

I bet it feels great to get the refund!! I got one a few years back and it was awesome!! (to get something back out with the amount I've paid in definitely felt like a win!!!!).

All the best,
    Adam

I'm in college right now so my gym is free, but I might save some for a gym membership once I graduate in April...thanks for the reminder! :)
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    Is it enough for a few sessions with a personal trainer? What about a fitbit?

I'm in college but once I graduate in April and find a gym outside of my school, I think I might get a trainer to teach me how to lift :)

And I was thinking about a Fitbit! Hmmm..
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    A Fitbit, heart rate monitor, or food scale would be the best bet if you don't have any those.

I am debating between a step counter (Fitbit) or a HRM
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    We got a exercise bike, treadmill and weights.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

I am debating between a step counter (Fitbit) or a HRM

On a personal note I definitely sway more towards the HRM than the counter. That said, there are more and more devices coming out that have both in one!
    Fitbit is releasing a device (or may have already done, I'm not sure) that is both a counter and a HRM rolled into one.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Tapout XT, BodyBeast, appleTV
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just got my tax refund and thought that I should spend some money to help achieve my goal(s) better and more accurately. Not sure if I should buy a food scale? Watch? Any other ideas are appreciated! :)

yes, food scale.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    good shoes, cute workout outfits, and new music
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

A coffin.

So you can see where you get to go sooner, than later. If you ignore those goals.

A food scale is a good idea. A DEXA scan is pretty good too.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    adjustable dumbbells :)
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If you run, go get fitted and buy a pair of nice running shoes at a running store. I always workout better in a new outfit too!
  • minnwow
    minnwow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Shoes again, if you're lifting get some minimalist shoes :) love my Nike studio shoes. They're intended for yoga etc but they give you an ideal amount of heel support and grip but let your arch stay natural.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ....achieve my goal(s) better and more accurately.

Depends what your goals are. Without articulating that then this becomes nothing more than a random list of things that other people use.

PersonallyI'd say running shoes, but if running isn't on your agenda then that's pointless.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a food scale, 100%!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Personally I'd go with a food scale since its 20$ and put the rest towards paying off student loans early
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    yeah if you haven't got a food scale you're going to struggle, well i know i would anyway

other than that it all depends on what sort of exercise you do, if it were me i'd get myself a nice expensive pair of good Bluetooth headphones