Going without breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast foods. Eggs are my favorite. Breakfast is my favorite Dinner ;)
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I agree that it totally depends on how you are with breakfast. I am super tired and hangry by 11am if I don't eat something. But I work on my feet and am always running around.
    But on my days off, I often don't eat breakfast and eat lunch late and feel completely fine. So for me, days that I'm active (workdays), breakfast is pretty essential.

@Barbs2222, eggs are my favorite too. I love eggs for dinner!
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Î don't follow the traditional meal times ( breakfast/lunch/dinner) I graze throughout the whole day. Usually when I first wake up, I have several cups of tea and maybe an hour later some fruit and it goes on..
  • cloudpoker992
    cloudpoker992 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on this - plenty of food for thought!
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast. I always find that when it comes to lunchtime, I'm ravenous whether I've had breakfast or not. So I may as well skip it, and it leaves extra calories for the evening.
  • cloudpoker992
    cloudpoker992 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Strangely I find I'm less hungry by midday when I've skipped breakfast than if I've had one - much more likely to snack having had one.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Pelamblue wrote: »
    Depending on your training regime it may not be hugely important, unless your trying increase bulk, having said that the only time I tend to skip breakfast is if I'm running in the morning. This is sort of fasted training and so far has worked well for fat loss

A lot of broscience in this. I increased muscle mass during my bulk and frequently skipped breakfast (more accurately, I broke my fast at around noon). This works out better for me as I am not typically hungry until then and if I eat sooner, I'm typically ravenous for the rest of the day. Also, fasted training is personal preference as well. If you're getting a good amount of protein and in a calorie deficit, you will lose fat.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I am MUCH better off skipping breakfast. If i eat it i am starved all morning and have to keep eating. If i dont eat it i don't get hungry at all until lunch time, and its still not a terrible hunger.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    I am MUCH better off skipping breakfast. If i eat it i am starved all morning and have to keep eating. If i dont eat it i don't get hungry at all until lunch time, and its still not a terrible hunger.

Same here. I am much happier delaying breakfast. I usually don't eat until about 6 hours after I wake up.

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I say whatever works for you. I NEVER skip any meals. It would be a mortal sin. >:)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I also like skipping breakfast. The rest of my day is easier if I skip breakfast since I don't seem very hungry right in the mornings, AND my stomach is a little finicky and food sort of makes me sick right when I wake up. Hasn't caused me any problems to skip it and I just play it by ear whether or not I even want to eat right when I get up.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    to answer the question of what is my favourite time to eat i say WHAT TIME IS IT NOW.we all like to eat that,s why we are here.do what works for you.i hope you achieve your goals.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    No. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. Focus on total calories and if you don't want breakfast don't eat it.

beat me to it….
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I believe in a good breakast. It sets me up for the rest of the day. I've found not skipping ANY meals is in my best interest.

However, I don't impose my lifestyle on others. Do whatever works for you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    According to the National Weight Control Registry, one thing the most successful losers have in common is that they eat breakfast.

And if you eat about half your calories for breakfast, then a small dinner (more of a snack) you'll lose more weight than if you skip breakfast, or if you follow the typical American plan of a small breakfast & large dinner (see the last half of this post for the studies, with quotes & links).

So no, you don't have to eat breakfast. Your mother is no longer standing there taking care of you.
    But things will likely turn out better if you do.

51637601.png

that is total rubbish ….

I know plenty of people that do intermittent fasting and have no issues with any of their weight loss and/or fitness goals….

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    To get logical here, whatever meal breaks your overnight fast is breakfast. So technically, you're not skipping it and technically it really is the most important meal of the day because if you didn't break your fast at some point, you'd eventually starve to death. Your body doesn't recognise what the numbers on a clock mean, so don't worry about it.