College weight loss

Options
I hope others can relate. I known probably everyone has heard of the freshman 15 but I have gained the junior 60. With all the stress and tests sometimes being healthy is replaced for something fast and practical. Not only is it hard to eat healthy but it is hard to fit in a proper workout. Honestly it is just all excuses which is why I ended up gaining 60 lbs putting by me at 206 lbs . So no more excuses let's help each other to lose fat and keep each other accountable by supporting each other and having weekly weight ins.

Replies

• kr15ty_k
    kr15ty_k Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I gained 15 lbs first year of university and still haven't lost it. My goal is to lose it by the end of March. I like the weekly weigh in idea!
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...if you profile picture is really you, where is that 80-something pounds hiding?
  • katiely95
    katiely95 Posts: 63 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you for making something like this! I feel the same way. After going to college, all I had was school cafeteria food and healthy meals were few and in-between. I have to say, I have surely gained the freshman 15 (or 30 lol). I just want to get back to my high school weight.
    I'm brand new to this site itself, but I've already lost 16 pounds in the past month and a half and I feel way better about myself! Only another 16 pounds to my goal weight, and we'll see how I feel from there!
    I would love to have a forum like this, with other young adults going through these struggles themselves. It would be so beneficial!

So, I started out on December 28th weighing 152 lbs
    Currently 136 lbs.
    Goal weight: 120 lbs.

Thanks! :D
  • kr15ty_k
    Options
    katiely95 wrote: »
    Thank you for making something like this! I feel the same way. After going to college, all I had was school cafeteria food and healthy meals were few and in-between. I have to say, I have surely gained the freshman 15 (or 30 lol). I just want to get back to my high school weight.
    I'm brand new to this site itself, but I've already lost 16 pounds in the past month and a half and I feel way better about myself! Only another 16 pounds to my goal weight, and we'll see how I feel from there!
    I would love to have a forum like this, with other young adults going through these struggles themselves. It would be so beneficial!

So, I started out on January 28th weighing 152 lbs
    Currently 136 lbs.

Way to go!

I started at 141lbs
    Today I was 137.8lbs (only lost 4 lbs so far)
    Would like to be around 125lbs
    Going to Barbados at the end of March and would love to lose the flab!

• katiely95
    Options
    Holy gosh! I meant December 28th! If it was under 2 weeks, that would be wicked fast. lol
  • katiely95
    Options
    kr15ty_k wrote: »

Currently 136 lbs.

Way to go!

I started at 141lbs

Good luck! It sounds like you're already on your way! What changes have you made to your lifestyle so far? I'm super curious what other people have been trying!
  • kr15ty_k
    Options
    kr15ty_k wrote: »

Currently 136 lbs.

Way to go!

I started at 141lbs

Good luck! It sounds like you're already on your way! What changes have you made to your lifestyle so far? I'm super curious what other people have been trying!

Thanks! I've been going to the gym 6 days a week doing a mix of cardio and weight training. Trying to stay under 1200 calories + my exercise. Also trying, but not always succeeding, to lower the amount of alcohol intake. I love going out on the weekends but the last couple weeks I try not to indulge as much. The trick now is sticking with it.
  • ndulgetoday
    ndulgetoday Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Finally someone I can relate too...This thread is awesome! I'm a senior in college and I'm packing extra pounds as well due to my horrible choice of foods..I'm also on our colleges band/guard team and I'm more than determined to shed some weight. I'm New here and the MFP app has been a great tool in kick starting my weight loss. With the calorie counter tool I've been able to monitor my portions/calories and nutrition and It has helped I've noticed a change in my body within the past week. Hiking across campus to class isn't so bad anymore...and I have a lot of natural energy rather than relying on my usual coffee and Red Bull....so I'm definitely in for the challenge/Goal setting.
  • kr15ty_k
    Options
    Alright ladies. Lets see the numbers! :)
    I'm sad to report that my weigh-in this morning was 137.8lbs.
    I did weigh myself on Saturday and was at 135.9lbs.
    Oh well, I feel better and I can tell i'm starting to tighten up so ill just keep chipping away.
  • Shbamaholic
    Options
    Eurgh I meant to start today but have already binged 3000+ :( Starting tomorrow for sure! I weighed this morning and I weigh 122lbs. Ideally would like to be 117lbs. Add me please! :)
  • jashuha
    jashuha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If your looking for motivation and tips check out my instagram page! @jashuha ayers
  • katiely95
    Options
    Well, I weigh myself on Friday so I'll update this thread again then but...

SW:152 (December 28th, 2014)
    CW:131 (As of February 13th, 2014)
    GW:120 (Hopefully by April 1st. :D)

:D So, that's 5 pounds since the thread started. I'm really excited to weigh myself again on Friday! Keep the updates! I like this post!
  • lexielainex
    lexielainex Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I'm a junior in college as well. The crappy food and lack of exercise my first two years definitely lead to me gaining about 20 pounds. I'm about 165 pounds now and I want to get down to about 130-135 pounds depending on my muscle mass. Anyone here can feel free to add me! We can keep eachother motivated!
  • TexasStateLady
    Options
    I could really use some motivation buddies! I started my weight loss journey weighing 158. Last summer I almost met my goal weight of 125 but last semester got me. I was taking 6 classes and live an hour away from campus so many of my meals came from a drive thru window. I am now back on it trying to make my goal weight a reality. I have been at it for a little over a week now and have lost 2lbs. But I feel myself losing motivation.
    My starting weight was 149
    My current weight is 147
    My goal weight is 125
  • demisidrak
    demisidrak Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm also in college and started my weightloss journey last June.

I'm 21 5'4"
    SW: 185
    CW: 156
    GW: 130s

I'm also on Instagram (@demi_gets_fit) and Fitbit.

Let's motivate each other!!
  • kr15ty_k
    Options

Well, I weigh myself on Friday so I'll update this thread again then but...

SW:152 (December 28th, 2014)
    CW:131 (As of February 13th, 2014)
    GW:120 (Hopefully by April 1st. :D)

:D So, that's 5 pounds since the thread started. I'm really excited to weigh myself again on Friday! Keep the updates! I like this post!

Way to go!! Keep it up!! :D:D:D
  • TexasStateLady
    Options
    An update on my progress.
    This week has been rough on me. I had a day that I let my emotions get the better of me and I ended up eating way to much junk food. I am also dealing with hip problems so I haven't been able to work out as much as I would like. But I am happy to say I still lost two pounds (:

Height 5'7"
    SW: 149
    CW: 145
    GW: 125
  • AmyPetite
    Options

So, I started out on December 28th weighing 152 lbs
    Currently 136 lbs.

Hi there,
    That's awesome! May I ask, are you on a specific diet or just restricted calories? What changes have you made?