Juice Cleanse?

Options
Karbum
Karbum Posts: 124 Member
Anyone been on a juice cleanse? How did it go? I am looking into it for detoxing more than weight loss but I obviously won't be mad at some weight loss lol

I want to get all the sugar and crap out of my system.

Any feedback would be helpful! :)

Replies

• ephraimshere
    ephraimshere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have done a juice cleanse and a water cleanse. Juice cleansing to me was more favorable because it's actual food. Both cleanses are really effective at cleansing. The first few days, you will feel lethargic and out of energy because you've dropped your calories and it will make you want to binge and eat everything, but if you push a little further to a week or more, you will feel lighter, have a better mood, and also sleep better as well.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I tend eat Taco Bell for a "crap cleanse". :laugh:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You don't need to cleanse anything - your body is detoxing right this second without any help from you. As for crap - well, I've heard a run and large mug of coffee can help with that ;)

Also unless you are planning to do a kale juice only cleanse, fruit and veggies have sugar in them and odds are if you do a juice cleanse you will consume more sugar that you normally would.

If you're feeling the need for a reset how about eating nice solid meat and veg diet for a few days at a sensible calorie goal say 1500* - chicken, broccoli and sweet potatoes are excellent.

Adding a juice to your diet is not a bad thing - a few days of only juice, no, not so much.

*1500 I just picked a number out of my ****
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys will cleanse you just fine.