Fat Tuesday

Options
Anyone else going over the calorie goal today? I'm going over by 600 calories :/ Thankfully, even by going over, I'll still be under my weekly goal. Extra exercise will be added into my day today to bring that 600 down though.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nope, i've logged 4 large pancakes with sugar and lemon or peanut butter on for my tea and i'm spot on cals and macros.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    No. Not me! But it sounds like a great day for people who do celebrate it. Lol
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    well, if you do, then Fat Tuesday turns into Fat Wed, Fat Thursday, Fat Firday, etc....etc...........Ill stick to my plan, but thanks for the thought......Happy Mardi Gras
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would if I could find a real paczki here in Kentucky!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I LIKE Fat Tuesday....Wednesday, Thursday...well, you get the point!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    pancakes aren't THAT nice to warrant that many cals extra, I'll pass thanks :smile:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I would if I could find a real paczki here in Kentucky!

No kidding, right?

I went over way too much this weekend, so not going over today. WOMP.

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    To us, it's Fasnacht Day (basically a Dutch donut). It's a local, Pennsylvania Dutch aka Amish thing.

So I ate a fasnacht for breakfast :)
  • pmcclorey
    pmcclorey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been saving up calories here and there all week for this. Also, the calorie count for today, is what I could have for maintenance, so it's not too crazy.
  • cheslightsey
    cheslightsey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OP - enjoy your pancakes. I've logged my pancakes for tonight with bacon, syrup and King cake...and plan to enjoy every bite:). Have fun celebrating!
  • captainjorge
    Options
    Fat Tuesday? I'm meeting up with friends to run after work - so no, more like skinny Tuesday
  • breens91
    breens91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hate calling it "fat Tuesday" - when I was little we called it "Pancake Tuesday" or "Shrove Tuesday" since we're Catholic. And my mom always made potato pancakes with our dinner. I think I will try to find a healthy recipe for potato pancakes for dinner tonight and will log it and still have a chance to celebrate :) YAY! Love Pancake Tuesday!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Will unexpectedly be having pancakes tonight -- snow changed my plans, since my daughter's program is closed today (she's 24, but disabled, goes to an adult day program) & my husband & I are both working. Luckily, his day starts later (teaches @ a county college) & so he's making the 1hr drive north from our house to my mom's, then back south, past our house, about 1.5 hrs to his college. After I'm done (north of home & east of mom) I will go to her house to have dinner & bring my daughter home.
    She's having pancakes, & was worried I couldn't have them. I asked her to just give me the recipe so I can calculate it, but I would make it work. My macros may end up a little carb heavy, but I'll deal with it.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I just realized you're probably all talking about American pancakes? Are they heavier on the flour or something? Because we're having crepes for dinner and I can totally fit them in my day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Paczkis are all over here (Chicago), too bad I don't like them. Can't stand filled donuts, period. So you can have mine if you can figure out how to collect them.

I'm going out to dinner tonight because I figured it would be a good time for it (I would have liked to make pancakes, but not convenient). I will probably have dessert and probably go over, not sure, not concerned about it, I love holiday and seasonal celebrations. Also, in that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday I'm not sure how it's going to turn into "Fat Wednesday," and am pretty sure I'll be under for the week, but whatever.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I can't afford too. I rather save calories for the weekend. Enjoy your overage :)
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm at school, and for some reason southern Indiana is less about the packzi life than northern Indiana. So I'll probably stay under today. But I will be dreaming about them for sure.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Going to a Carnaval-themed Latin dance event at my favorite wine bar. I'm meeting up with a friend who doesn't drink, so I probably won't even have a glass of wine.

Pure calorie burn!