Paleo Diet?

Options
Anyone on Paleo diet? looking for friends that share support.

Replies

• oldfitgirl
    oldfitgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do follow a ketogenic diet which has a lot of similarities to a paleo type diet. I'm diabetic and have been eating this way for several years. I have lots of good resources for a paleo diet.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Working on it! So far I'm 90% dairy free. Starting my own little 100 day dairy free challenge today to help kick the other 10% and then I'll be ready to tackle bread, beans,etc
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Go to the Paleo forum. You will be attacked unmercifully asking that in the general forum.
  • Joyce7088
    Joyce7088 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys...how do I add friends ...lol I'm such a newbie :#
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    jyoung7088 wrote: »
    Anyone on Paleo diet?

Which one? There are, like, a million versions of it.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Working on it! So far I'm 90% dairy free.

This is exactly what I mean...there is all kinds of evidence now that humans drank milk in the paleolithic era....

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was on the diet for 6 months and came off of it. It was too restrictive for me and caused me to binge a lot. But if you want to find specific people, I would recommend a group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This is a pro-junk food website.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't follow paleo, per se, but I do eat high protein (~1g protein per pound of lean bodyweight).

I've basically cut out pasta & bread except as a treat (ie: 1-2 times/year), eat a lot of lean meats (fish, chicken), dairy and a ton of veggies.

I'm in the best shape of my life, and down 35 lbs :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

No, it isn't. It is a calorie counting website. There are however many differing opinions in the forums.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    http://paleomovement.com/alan-aragon-paleo-critic/
    "I’ve recently made the point that traditional Mediterranean populations have intakes that violate every food restriction rule of the Paleo diet, but they’re busy being too healthy to give a damn."
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Go to groups & search Primal/Paleo group & you will find us! We also started a Paleo Reset group. If you don't find us pm me & I'll try to send you the link!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

No, it's not but you are welcomed to your opinions now matter how ill-informed.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

There are some people who eat a lot of junk food, but there are a lot of people who eat healthy and and a lot who are working toward healthier diets all the time.

I don't jump on the Paleo bandwagon. I have my own, unique thing going on...it's been working and I'm not fixing what isn't broken! I don't think there's anything wrong with trying the paleo thing, but please don't do it believing the claims that it will cure cancer or mental illness.

If you just get a kick out of following that diet, that's great.
  • keky389
    keky389 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! how is it going so far? I started my 90 day paleo challenge Yesterday! (Had stuffed green peppers for dinner :) ) I actually started crossfire 5 weeks ago after giving birth to my first baby 5 months ago. I feel great finally being active again however , I have about 30 pounds to lose and I'm not seeing much results as of now (other than feeling very good and have wonderful sleep at night). Hopefully by combining Paleo and crossfire 4 times a week , I will see results and progress sooner.