Cravings!!!

Options
I'm having a chocolate craving big time!!
Help!!

Replies

• shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    You don't have to deprive yourself. Instead of having a whole bar have a half? I'm sure you can fit it into your daily allotted calories.

Today is pancake day and you can be sure I'll be having pancakes and nuttela. Why? Because I enjoy it... Just in moderation:-)

Shaun.
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Two options:

If you never want craving again... don't eat it again.

If you want cravings for the rest of your life... eat it.

Chocolate is manufactured to make you a good consumer for the economy. If everyone ate the apples from the tree in their garden the share holders at Cadburys would be homeless. It messes up your bodys natural rhythm and you will always battle with it. Work out what your body nutritionally needs and give it that. If you stopped eating it your body would only ever crave the real nutrients you need and you would get the same pleasure eating an apple as you do now with chocolate.

Just my opinion but worth a thought.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Foxyfin wrote: »
    Two options:

Chocolate is manufactured to make you a good consumer for the economy. If everyone ate the apples from the tree in their garden the share holders at Cadburys would be homeless. It messes up your bodys natural rhythm and you will always battle with it. Work out what your body nutritionally needs and give it that. If you stopped eating it your body would only ever crave the real nutrients you need and you would get the same pleasure eating an apple as you do now with chocolate.

Or option 3 - fit in a portion of chocolate, enjoy it and stop depriving yourself of delicious food which helps many people with cravings as it's no longer off limits.

If I ate a apple every time instead of eating chocolate I would decide to quit, annoy every one around me and miss out on some really good food.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I have found this little mind trick to be helpful...I tell myself I can only have it if I stay under calories AND if I meet most of my nutritional goals (macros) for the day - esp. iron and protein.

I also find that if I have a craving for something that may not be the best choice, I allow myself to have it after I drink a glass or two of water and wait a few minutes. Sometimes the craving goes away.

But sometimes you just have to have it. I do not want chocolate very often - a few times a year maybe - and sometimes, it's just so enjoyable to have. I try to have something I can savor - like a few Hershey's kisses that I let just melt in my mouth, slowly. Mmm. Usually satisfies the urge. :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Two options:

Wut?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate-make room in your allotment, log it, move on.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Two options:

Nah, things don't have to be so opposite end of the spectrum.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Two options:

Yeah, no.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Two options:

Wait what?!?!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Two options:

What if I don't have an apple tree in my garden? What then? Do I just eat acorns then, because I have plenty of those...
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Having a small portion of chocolate occasionally isn't gonna kill you. Stick with dark chocolate if you like it. You won't eat as much, and it has a bit of health benefits vs. milk chocolate.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Flake is the best stuff on earth.

PA_CS_Cadbury_Flake-Bar_704x251-704x251.jpg

UK people get all the good stuff. :grumble:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

And now I want a flake, Thanks for that.

(though I am lucky as I can get one)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Now I want one, oh I can order a case from Amazon! I feel it's my duty we wouldn't want those cadbury share holders homeless
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

And just to confirm - it really is the crumbliest, flakiest milk chocolate!!!

And it does - taste like chocolates never tasted before!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

post-13387-suck-it-trebek-gif-Jeopardy-SN-qctk.gif

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here. Because it's my favorite.

a-cracked-cadbury-creme-egg.jpg
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here. Because it's my favorite.

a-cracked-cadbury-creme-egg.jpg

Enjoy them while you can, they'll be gone again in a couple of months.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Two options:

Or option 3 - fit in a portion of chocolate, enjoy it and stop depriving yourself of delicious food which helps many people with cravings as it's no longer off limits.

If I ate a apple every time instead of eating chocolate I would decide to quit, annoy every one around me and miss out on some really good food.

agree. apples are not chocolate. and as a (recovering) binge eater, and weight loss maintainer, I can tell you WITH CONFIDENCE, that eating 5 apples and THEN caving into the chocolate bar is more calories than just eating the bar by itself.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    OP, have a sensible portion of chocolate, and move on. There's no need to over think this ( or worry about Apple trees and stock holders at cadbury lol!) Just use portion control and you'll be fine