ana3067 wrote: »
    monikker wrote: »
    All I can think of is how disgusting monomealing Snickers sounds. I'm paranoid about trans fats cause they're really bad for you - trans fats be all up in tha Snix barz...and to eat them all day? Ahhhh!!! Ok, sorry. Otherwise I think eggs sounds cool. Maybe I would monomealing steak but that would be pricey. Or pizza, I've pretty much done that one before. Probably cereal too.

The pizza monomeal day sounds awesome. Plus I could get carbs. See @ana3067‌ , I found a better idea!

Cheese + chicken + bacon + pepper pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold the phone...
    How have I never tried this beautiful combination before?!
    I don't think I've done it either. I used to always do chicken + pepper + mushroom, or chicken + bacon + tomato. The pepper and chicken and bacon would be so gooood. espeically with a white sauce.

I have all of the ingredients for a chicken, cheese, bacon, and pepper pizza.
    I think I need to do this.
    I also have alfredo sauce.
    YES.
    IDK if alfredo sauce works though... Gotta google for white pizza sauce recipes. It's more like garlic-y? SO GOOD. Sausage or ham will also work in place of bacon if not on hand, I'd bet.

I always thought white sauce was alfredo sauce...wow. I need to get with the times.
    I also have a pound of bacon in the fridge, so I have more than enough for this, haha.

Here wait...
    food.com/recipe/white-pizza-sauce-279060
    Maybe you could use alfredo? Although I don't think it'd be the same. Proper pizza sauce FTW!

Also WAAH food.com changed their layout.. it looks horrible... dear lawd.

Almost have all these things; just need fresh basil and parmigiano reggiano!
    i'm too lazy to do all of this. I will enjoy your pizza vicariously.

I still need to try the broccoli/mozzarella stuffed chicken breast I mentioned to @Alatariel75‌ the other day...

Looks like I'm eating well and reporting back to two people in the very near future!

dude that sounds amazing. I have some chicken thighs in the fridge I should try that with, and broccoli and mozza! Do you just like..... Slit the chicken open and then stuff a mixture of broccoli and cheese in there? Do you do anything with the cheese nad broccoli first?

Yep! If you make a little pocket, you can spoon the mixture in (I'd probably pulse the broccoli into a chunky consistency first, and parboil it as well, before mixing in the cheese), and then "seal" it with a few shreds of mozzarella as well.

There was a "brocomole" thread in the recipe forum recently that gave me the idea. I'd also probably dip the breasts in panko as well, and cook in some light olive oil before baking.

But if you don't want to get that fancy, plain is fine too!

What do you mean by sealing it? Like... sticking slices over the slit? I think breading it would be good, it'd be almost like cordon bleu!!

I did a recipe over the summer with chicken cutlets wrapped around asparagus, and I basically used the cheese as a "glue". I sprinkled some on the edge of the cutlet, so when I rolled it and it baked in the oven, the cheese would help it stick to one another; worked pretty well! If you have a little pocket in the chicken where you're stuffing the mixture, you should be able to put a little extra cheese at the opening of the slit to help keep it closed. :)
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I call that a cleanse. 20 eggs would have me on the toilet all day
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think I could eat PB all day. Still would be on the toilet though
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    All I can think of is how disgusting monomealing Snickers sounds. I'm paranoid about trans fats cause they're really bad for you - trans fats be all up in tha Snix barz...and to eat them all day? Ahhhh!!! Ok, sorry. Otherwise I think eggs sounds cool. Maybe I would monomealing steak but that would be pricey. Or pizza, I've pretty much done that one before. Probably cereal too.

The pizza monomeal day sounds awesome. Plus I could get carbs. See @ana3067‌ , I found a better idea!

Hold the phone...
    I don't think I've done it either. I used to always do chicken + pepper + mushroom, or chicken + bacon + tomato. The pepper and chicken and bacon would be so gooood. espeically with a white sauce.

YES.
    IDK if alfredo sauce works though... Gotta google for white pizza sauce recipes. It's more like garlic-y? SO GOOD. Sausage or ham will also work in place of bacon if not on hand, I'd bet.

I always thought white sauce was alfredo sauce...wow. I need to get with the times.
    I also have a pound of bacon in the fridge, so I have more than enough for this, haha.

Here wait...
    Maybe you could use alfredo? Although I don't think it'd be the same. Proper pizza sauce FTW!

I still need to try the broccoli/mozzarella stuffed chicken breast I mentioned to @Alatariel75‌ the other day...

Looks like I'm eating well and reporting back to two people in the very near future!

dude that sounds amazing. I have some chicken thighs in the fridge I should try that with, and broccoli and mozza! Do you just like..... Slit the chicken open and then stuff a mixture of broccoli and cheese in there? Do you do anything with the cheese nad broccoli first?

Yep! If you make a little pocket, you can spoon the mixture in (I'd probably pulse the broccoli into a chunky consistency first, and parboil it as well, before mixing in the cheese), and then "seal" it with a few shreds of mozzarella as well.

There was a "brocomole" thread in the recipe forum recently that gave me the idea. I'd also probably dip the breasts in panko as well, and cook in some light olive oil before baking.

What do you mean by sealing it? Like... sticking slices over the slit? I think breading it would be good, it'd be almost like cordon bleu!!

I did a recipe over the summer with chicken cutlets wrapped around asparagus, and I basically used the cheese as a "glue". I sprinkled some on the edge of the cutlet, so when I rolled it and it baked in the oven, the cheese would help it stick to one another; worked pretty well! If you have a little pocket in the chicken where you're stuffing the mixture, you should be able to put a little extra cheese at the opening of the slit to help keep it closed. :)

ooh nice, so definitely like cordon bleu with chicken!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Hold the phone...

YES.

Here wait...

ooh nice, so definitely like cordon bleu with chicken!

Awww yeah.
    I'm glad this has turned in a recipe thread, haha.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Edit: this thread isn't serious. I want to try it, but I know realistically I will hate eggs if I ever did this. And I love them too much to do that.

I saw a thread recently where an individual on here monomealed Snickers bars for the day, and it got me thinking. What could I eat a lot of to hit my goals?

If I ate 20 eggs in one day, I would only be 150 calories under my daily goal, only 21g of fat over my daily goal, and would hit 120g of protein for the day.

What food could you "monomeal" for the day to hit your calorie, protein, and fat goals?

Also...is it bad that I want to try this? I love hard boiled eggs. Love.

It sounds doable and would not cost you a lot of kitchen time. I like to do 5 eggs over easy medium, 3 strips of bacon and 2 sausage patties with 4 cups of coffee with 4 creamers each and every day at a Huddle House. Got snowed in today and missed it today.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You'll probably never eat eggs, again. LOL
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good night sweet angus.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    ewe
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    For me it would be pizza. But then I'd still be hungry. :p
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I once ate 100 Chicken McNuggets. That's all I had. All day.

Could have eaten more.

Never got why I was overweight though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if I was going to just eat one thing for the day it would be 2300 calories of gelato!
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I know this is a joke, but if you ate 10 of my favorite breakfast all day - a poached egg on nature's own butter bread - it'd be the same number of calories PLUS carbs and other micros! XD

(just figured out how to finally match/go over iron and protein without going over daily calorie goals. But at what cost?)
  • shajenkins88
    shajenkins88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Edit: this thread isn't serious. I want to try it, but I know realistically I will hate eggs if I ever did this. And I love them too much to do that.

I saw a thread recently where an individual on here monomealed Snickers bars for the day, and it got me thinking. What could I eat a lot of to hit my goals?

If I ate 20 eggs in one day, I would only be 150 calories under my daily goal, only 21g of fat over my daily goal, and would hit 120g of protein for the day.

What food could you "monomeal" for the day to hit your calorie, protein, and fat goals?

Also...is it bad that I want to try this? I love hard boiled eggs. Love.

• shajenkins88
    Options
    I love boiled eggs also EXPLAIN....
  • shajenkins88
    Options
    I love boiled eggs also EXPLAIN....

Oh ok.... Thanks- I love this monomealing!!! I think doing it with FRUIT or VEGGIES is best
  • HeartyHealthy
    HeartyHealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sounds a bit strange, I do thing that the egg is one of my best friends right now, low calorie protein it seems to keep me satiated longer than a lot of other things. We raise banty chickens (free range) and so usually have plenty. None the less I want some veggies and fruit and other foods in my body.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You guys are really making me want some eggs LOL. I have 1 left for today and I didn't buy more since we weren't sure if we'd have power today with all the ice. I could never do 20. Some of the crazy things people come up with LOL. (I know the op was in jest) There are days I eat several though in various ways... I buy 2 or 3 dozen at a time since we all eat them here, including the dogs. ;)