1 t pepper
3 c chicken bouillon
Add veggies- 2 onions chopped
1 c chopped celery
1can of diced tomato with green chili
1 can of black beans
1 pkg of frozen corn
2 cloves of garlic minced

I stir fried onions in a wok with 1 ts of olive oil, added all the veggies.
in a large pot add cooked chicken

if you can add calories then add some shredded cheese and tortilla chips on top when serving.
I found several different variations of this recipe on google. I didn't have any cilantro so I used chopped fresh spinach.

My favorite soup, filling with not many calories!! love it!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You had me at tortilla.
  • Bigbluefrog
    Bigbluefrog Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Best thing is it is only 200 calories wo cheese and tortilla. And I usually just take a few chips for a topper so not much more!

Thanks missionfittness
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you add a can of white hominy instead of corn it will have more corn taste, kind of like a chicken posole.
  • Bigbluefrog
    Options
    oh that sounds good, I have never heard of it...I will look for it next time I go to the store! Thanks!
  • shellby2
    shellby2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We call this chicken taco soup and great crock pot meal.
  • debrapbunker
    debrapbunker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a great and tomato soup that my sister created from several recipes and it has only 42 calories per serving:

3 large cans tomatoes
    1 carton beef broth
    3 peppers (Orange/yellow/red)
    1 large onion
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic (1 teaspoon garlic powder)
    1 teaspoon ground basil
    1 teaspoon ground sage
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1-2 teaspoons pepper (more or less as you enjoy a peppery bite)
    2 teaspoons sugar

Chop up onion and throw EVERYTHING in the crock pot. Cut up peppers in large pieces and add to crock pot. Cook on high for seven hours with lid tight...do not open and keep checking or letting the heat out.
    After seven hours open and stir to see if pepper skins come to the top. Continue to cook and stir and remove as many skins as possible.
    Shut off heat and cool to blend. Use food processor to blend (can use blender but have to completely cool.)

NOTE: a 3 qt. crock doesn't hold all the liquid - so, eliminate some of the broth until you are blending it, then add the broth in as you go. You can then just reheat and serve the soup.

A great way to extend this recipe is to add cheese or chicken tortellini to the mix! Its filling and satisfying. If you can have the calories, add a small square of corn muffin and a table spoon of Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.

I entered all the ingredients into the recipe file. I wasn't sure how many servings this recipe actually made so I said it was 8 - and it gave me a reading of only 42 calories per serving!
    Give it a try ! Delish!

• Bigbluefrog
    Options
    oooh that does sound good, I know I have to down size all my recipes since its usually just for 2-3 people. LOL Still have a 5 Qt crock pot ...downsizing is a challenge in all aspects of life!