Low calorie alcohol

Options
I am just wondering what people do in terms of counting alcohol calories .. And what has the lowest or lower calorie count? I usually drink rum or JD :) not sugary girlie drinks

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Rum is practically liquid sugar, so I wouldn't imagine that the calorie count would be very low. I don't really know how to find out that kind of stuff other than googling it. Google knows all. :drinker:
  • chunkymonkeylass
    Options
    I like rum I like vodka, any clear spirit. but remember all alcohol turns to sugar :huh:
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    barcardi and diet coke or flavored vodka and diet sprite
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    my favorite is:

5 shots vodka added into a sparling flavored water drink (just pour some of the water out first) and then add a crystal light or 2.

tastes sooo good and gets the job done :smile:

or just shots of alcohol with diet drinks. its still about 60ish calories per ounce though :(
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It's all in the database, you record it what you drink, just like you record your food.....all calories consumed. What is your question? You can look it all up.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    shot of tequila....the good stuff. The cheap stuff is terrible!
  • veroneekag
    veroneekag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did some research on this a few weeks ago! It depends... if you are hanging out with friends watching a game, and everyone is sipping on beers, and that is your kind of beverage.... that Bud Select 55 has only 55 calories, but doesn't taste very good in my opinion and has a REALLY low alcohol content! I'd rather have 2 REALLY good/strong/tasty beers than 5 crappy ones to have the same effect and about the same calories!

But, all in all, alcohol isn't healthy obviously, and in my personal opinion when I am drinking and want to end up with a buzz or more, straight vodka does the job, or mix with a sugar free/diet mixer (like diet sprite or sugar free red bull... or a delicious bloody mary!)
  • cloclopop
    Options
    the lowest calorie alcohol consumption i know of is vodka, soda water and fresh lime (optional) I have a friend who is a diabetic and only drinks this when we go out because it also contains no sugar.
    Most low carb, low calorie etc alcoholic drinks are usually alright..its what you eat after or during that has a massive effect. Usually when you drink you may find yourself in McDonalds at all hours of the morning or the morning after when you drown yourself in the oily-est bacon and eggs to cure your hangover. not only do you crave these foods under the influence but your body is also so dehydrated from the alcohol it absorbs everything those fatty foods have to offer..and also wants to use the oil to reline your stomach.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Some alcohol is already in the data base.

I like vodka. 64 calories for 2 ounces.
  • kristina0206
    Options
    http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/

This website analyzes the proof to calorie ratio...I'm not crazy about it but some of you might find it helpful!
  • veroneekag
    veroneekag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/

This website analyzes the proof to calorie ratio...I'm not crazy about it but some of you might find it helpful!

That is a fabulous website! Thanks
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My contribution to this conversation is my ole standby: 1 small rocks glass with ice/1 jigger (1.5fl oz) of Vodka/ 1 or so tbls of your favorite sugar free syrup, mine is the Watermelon..(torani or davinci has MANY flavors, even crazy ones like marshmellow, almost any flavor you can think of)..I have one or two on a weekday evening and its about 60 cals each ..they are TASTY and refreshing!!!
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    If you enjoy a drink, don't worry about it. Just don't go overboard (ie, get smashed) and expect it to not have negative effects.
    Read this: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

If you want to drink, go ahead. Just don't drunkenly stuff yourself at a chinese buffet, pizza house or go to IHOP for some delicious drunk, never ending pancake stacks.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    shot of tequila....the good stuff. The cheap stuff is terrible!

1800 rocks. slice of lime. num. Thanks, I think I will drunk.gif