Gained most of weight back

Options
Hi, i've been on mfp twice but wasn't really ready to do what i had to to lose weight, so i gave up and gained 30 of the 40 pounds i lost back.Instead of getting down on myself i have decided to make weight loss a priority and get right back to it. I am very serious about getting to my goal weight and would love some friendly support!! :D my outlook has changed drastically and i am a much more positive person now than before cant wait to get my health back. :)

Replies

• jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support/motivation!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I gained a lot of mine back too (25 of 40 lbs). Got serious right before Christmas and am down 16 of those 25 and 2 sizes! 9 more lbs and I'll be in my favorite size :). Hang in there and keep at it.
  • kbrown20052015
    kbrown20052015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'll add you for support!!
  • mckellipsl
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm with you also and I'm ready to shed these 25 extra pounds
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we have to do it more than once (or twice) to get to the place where we keep it off. It's just a matter of finding exercise(s) you really like so you will stick to it and your body will crave it. And the attitude, which you seem to have, to get there.
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I`ve just posted about the same thing! Willadd you as inspirainspirationation!
  • montanezwilliams
    Options
    talie244 wrote: »
    Hi, i've been on mfp twice but wasn't really ready to do what i had to to lose weight, so i gave up and gained 30 of the 40 pounds i lost back.Instead of getting down on myself i have decided to make weight loss a priority and get right back to it. I am very serious about getting to my goal weight and would love some friendly support!! :D my outlook has changed drastically and i am a much more positive person now than before cant wait to get my health back. :)

• montanezwilliams
    Options
    Me to I need inspiration
  • wip1983
    wip1983 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I gained back 50 out of the 85 I worked so hard to lose. I understand what your going through and I am right there with you. I'm motivated to make a change because I need positivity in my life instead of constant depression.
  • talie244
    talie244 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! unfortunately just as i was doing so well i fit into my wedding dress and was losing weight steady ,something really bad happened and the emotional eating began and and the pounds piled on so this time i'm going to stick with it no matter what.
  • SueEllen95
    SueEllen95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 19, maintained for approx. 10 months, then gained 23. I think I'm still in shock and denial it happened. I try to get back on the wagon but I no longer have the will power I used to. It's very depressing. I have no good advice other than keep logging which is a battle I have daily.