Pregnant and need some support :-/

Options
Aaimzey
Aaimzey Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all :)

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have already gained over 20lb. I was 145 to start and am now 169! The recommended gain is between 25-35lb for the whole pregnancy :-( I'm trying to slow my gain slightly to avoid complications during labour and birth. I have spoken to my consultant first who has agreed that I should not go below 2000 calories and should up to no lower then 2300 in the next trimester. I am looking for anyone who would like to add me as a friend and help me avoid the crisps, chocolate and cakes! :smile:

Replies

• iWillDoIt183233
    iWillDoIt183233 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm only 5 weeks but happy to help each other out
  • HelenMC9784
    HelenMC9784 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 16 weeks and have gained 15 pounds already. I have decided to start using this app again to help me track my calorie in take and keep it around 2000 calories a day. It's nice to know there are others going thru the same struggle as me
  • kaylala123
    kaylala123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 18 weeks. I am over weight and have only gained 5 lbs. I'm starting to lose. Not by cutting calories just by exercise. My goal is to gain only 10-20 lbs the whole pregnancy.
  • saadj4
    Options
    I have 4 kids and had the same problem with my last baby. I continued to run everyday with my doctor's guidance and made sure I was eating healthier. Salads were my best friend and when I did splurge on desserts/burgers and fries, I made sure to put in a little extra time running the next day. I only gained 24 lbs.
  • CFishback23
    Options
    I'm 24 weeks & have only gained 10 pounds as of today but I started the pregnancy overweight so I'm hoping to stay under 20 pounds of gain throughout. So I'm just trying to track my food on here as to not go OVERBOARD. Glad to see I'm not the only one!
  • mollyanne01
    mollyanne01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 weeks and by 25 weeks had gained 22lbs. Eek! I, too, started at 145 so to see 169 on the scale was a bit of a shocker. Although I'm typically a healthy and fit person, I did not watch my food intake or exercise at all during the first 4 months because I was so nauseous and tired. My midwife told me not to worry, but I definitely stepped up my trips to the gym and back to tracking what I'm eating. So many people have told me that every woman is different, blah, blah, blah, but it's nice to see I'm not alone.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you are eating a well-balanced diet full of lean meat, healthy fats (nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil), and lots of fruits and veggies. Assuming you want a healthy child...

You are no longer just eating for yourself but a baby too.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Try not to worry too much. I've got three children and I gained loads with all of them. I gained the same amount in my third pregnancy where I logged and ate below maintenance, and exercised until 38 weeks as I did in my second pregnancy where I exercised randomly and wasn't as careful with my food. I lost all the weight after my first, all and more after my second and I'm currently losing after my third. Yep, weight gain sucks, but it's worth it, and you can lose it after.

Obviously eat well and continue logging, and it's fine to exercise right until the end, but stressing over weight gain is pointless as beyond the logging and exercise, there's not much else you can do.

P.S you're welcome to look back in my food diary from when I was pregnant. I found out Aug 2013 and my baby was born May 1st 2014 (11 days late).