Snowed in

Options
Possibly snowed in tomorrow. Any healthy food ideas I can cook tomorrow

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    chili with tons of veggies in it is good for the weather. We are iced in today here and I made a rice that is mostly chopped veggies and also with some chopped steak for more protein. Soups and stews are wonderful and easy to keep lower calorie
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    What do you have in your fridge/freezer/pantry?
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    chili with tons of veggies in it is good for the weather. We are iced in today here and I made a rice that is mostly chopped veggies and also with some chopped steak for more protein. Soups and stews are wonderful and easy to keep lower calorie

I made a big pot of chili in the slow cooker too! Great minds think alike.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im making oven baked fajitas tonight for dinner- pretty low cal according to mfp recipe thing http://www.alexaeatsclean.com/2013/11/recipe-oven-baked-chicken-fajitas.html
    dont forget to add the cals for the tortillas, i dont think its in the recipe itself

and adjusted my calories to maintenance until the weather clears cause im not going out in this crap! and i dont get many calories (1200 normally- which is why i excercise, so i can eat more !) LOL

hubby made curry (but i dont eat that)
    sometimes when its cold i make soup or chili
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I made chicken soup yesterday. Yum!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Another chili person here. I used ground turkey and lots of veggies
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Shovelling yourself out burns a lot of calories. Just saying.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Possibly snowed in tomorrow. Any healthy food ideas I can cook tomorrow

Depends on what you have. Soup is nice.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

I made a big pot of chili in the slow cooker too! Great minds think alike.

Not even snowed in and my crockpot is simmering up a nice batch of elk chili. Hopefully going to hit the hi 50s today here in sunny Durango Colorado;)
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Eat some raw eggs and get outside, run away from some evil Russians and up a mountain if you have one nearby... it worked wonders in Rocky IV.
  • MiggySmalls54
    MiggySmalls54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @segacs‌ did two hours worth haha