I let myself go.

Options
Hi. I am a married work at home mom of 3 kids and a stepchild...working to pull myself out of a depression hole and lose 35 pounds. My life underwent some major changes over the past year. Depression loneliness and a job that has me sitting and writing all day, led to a 25 pound weight gain. It happened so fast, I barely noticed it was happening, especially because I wore sweats all the time and had no place to go with kids and working from home. I have no friends where I moved to. I let myself go. :( I am 5ft 3in and currently weigh 155 (size 12). I got down to 130 (size 6) after I had my youngest (2 yrs), which is still 10 pounds higher than normal for me. I have been doing Zumba twice a week for several weeks and walked 30 to minutes a day for 3 days a week. I lost one pound. :( The exercise has helped with depression a lot. It is the eating that I have to change. Time to get serious. I want to lose this weight by mid-summer. I started out wanting to lose 10 pounds to begin with. My goal weight is 120. I maintained a size 4 at 120 before the last pregnancy.

I have 35 pounds to lose by July. Wish me luck.

CW: 155
GW: 120

Calories per day: 1200 to 1300
Exercise: Zumba 2 times per week @ 1 hour
Walking 30 to 40 mins 3 days/week

Replies

• AlexanderLeRitz
    AlexanderLeRitz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey it doesn't matter how far off the path you wander. I was a wrestler in the 171lb weight class my senior year of wrestling. I developed an eating disorder and by the time it was November of 2013 I had gained over 60lbs from a sedentary lifestyle and a binge eating disorder. Through hard work and perseverance I have shed nearly all that weight and my body looks better than it ever has. Moral of the story is don't ever give up. Get back up on your horse and push on through. You'll get there if you put in the work. It's also important to remember weight loss comes with a change of both diet and exercise habits. MFP handles the diet end swimmingly
  • cgarliepp
    Options
    Good luck! We're at about the same weight, with similar goals. You're on the right track with exercising (that's something I have yet to develop a habit of doing. UGH)

We CAN do this!
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A book called "The Fit Bottomed Girls Anti-Diet" changed my life. I've lost 33 lbs in 6 months and have had my anti-depression dose cut in half.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I see you let yourself go, you'll find that being able to use your hands to grab other things is really useful in life.

Good Luck with finding a new you.