Any MN gals!

Options
It's cold here up in the frozen north! Any MN gals here? How are you all staying motivated? Winter tends to feel very long here....❄️

Replies

• Apalna
    Apalna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm from Minnesota!
  • DaniYoung792
    Options
    I'm also from MN. I have found I have much less motivation on the colder days. ):
  • gretch23
    gretch23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll add you ladies! We could keep each other motivated!
  • elysia82
    elysia82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also from MN! I need some more friends for motivation and meal ideas! :)
  • Apalna
    Apalna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This winter has been tough. Definitely lost my motivation! Lost 20 lbs last summer/fall, gained 10 back this winter.
  • elysia82
    elysia82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After the holidays it's a lot easier for me because I have less going on and I can focus on myself. I also tend to have steadier routine in the Winter months. The summer is always so hectic with work and my son that it's a lot more tempting to just grab fast food and skip working out.
  • mom_teresa
    Options
    I'm also from MN! Just getting back into myfitnesspal after a break. Just joined the Y, and have been tracking food for about two weeks.

On the plus side, the days seem to be getting longer! I'm no longer driving home from work in the dark! When it's so dark, cold and windy all I want to do is curl up on the couch and pig out watching a movie.
  • Bella_Lennon
    Bella_Lennon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Twin Cities! It's easy to go stir crazy when it's sooooo cold. I can't wait for a weekend day above 20° so I can get outside!

Until the weather gets a little nicer, I try to find creative (warm) ways to get some more activity in everyday. Like today, I used my lunch break to run to Sam's Club and got a few thousand steps in (weaving through the aisles like a weirdo, and not even buying anything haha).

My mantra is : The time will pass anyway. Make it count.

And not that it really means much in MN...but only 31 days until "Spring"! :wink:
  • insideoutgirl
    insideoutgirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm from MN! Would love to get some support and to help each other!

I am 7 lbs into a large weight loss. My goal is to be able to buy clothes in regular sizes.