Lets lose together! (:

Options
Hello, my name is Krys and, like most of you, I'm on here to lose weight. Specifically half my weight which is 100+ lbs. I am 19 years old and have been overweight my entire life. With many failed attempts at losing weight in the past I've now decided that enough is enough. The excuses are no more and the motivation needs to stick. Although I have no children my future kids are my motivation. I'm doing it for them and for my future plans. After all who doesn't want to live a fulfilling happy healthy life? I do have emotional issues but I've learned that exercise helps A LOT, naturally of course. I'm looking to be open about my journey and hopefully create some honest friendships that are healthy and positive. Because nothing feels better than having someone there for you every step of the way. So if you are on the same path, or even far ahead into your journey, let's do this together. (:

Replies

• Sarahe5682
    Sarahe5682 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are so brave! Start by cutting out processed food/drinks. Eat food in its most natural state. Then add some weight training and cardio. Make a list of goals and reward yourself for meeting them. I'm here to help.
  • aupele1
    Options
    Hello. I am trying (again) to get healthy and lose weight as well. Is there a good discussion board or website to get great ideas on low calorie, healthy, simple recipes? Thanks.
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello! We seem to be in about the same boat. I've got a lot to lose, and have been this way seemingly my entire life. I know it may be for the wrong reasons, but I want a boyfriend so bad lol! Anyways feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • AleksandraTheGreat1
    AleksandraTheGreat1 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi there!=) Sent you a friend request! You can do this! Just believe in yourself and you'll achieve anything!=)
  • _KrysGetFit
    _KrysGetFit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sarahe5682 wrote: »
    You are so brave! Start by cutting out processed food/drinks. Eat food in its most natural state. Then add some weight training and cardio. Make a list of goals and reward yourself for meeting them. I'm here to help.

Thank you! I'd like to think so myself. I actually am reasonably healthy as far as food and drink intake. I haven't had a sugared beverage (soda juice) in 2 years now. I don't hardly eat junk food anymore. And I am making an effort to eat as clean and whole as possible. I have went a whole entire month in which I cut out carbs completely and just recently started to incorporate whole grains and oats. I suppose my only problem is the goal thing And being patient. Thank you for being there and your reply.
  • _KrysGetFit
    Options
    Sarahe5682 wrote: »

Thank you! I'd like to think so myself. I actually am reasonably healthy as far as food and drink intake. I haven't had a sugared beverage (soda juice) in 2 years now. I don't hardly eat junk food anymore. And I am making an effort to eat as clean and whole as possible. I have went a whole entire month in which I cut out carbs completely and just recently started to incorporate whole grains and oats. I suppose my only problem is the goal thing And being patient. Thank you for being there and your reply.
  • _KrysGetFit
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi there!=) Sent you a friend request! You can do this! Just believe in yourself and you'll achieve anything!=)

Thank you so much. I try everyday on the mental part of the journey. It can be the most difficult part but by far the most rewarding.
  • AlexanderLeRitz
    AlexanderLeRitz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am very close to reaching my fitness goals and I am in the final stretch of my fitness and weight loss. Maybe that can help keep you motivated to reach your goals. Add me if you like !
    Starting weight: 230.7lbs
    Current weight: 184.0lbs
  • _KrysGetFit
    Options
    I am very close to reaching my fitness goals and I am in the final stretch of my fitness and weight loss. Maybe that can help keep you motivated to reach your goals. Add me if you like !
    Starting weight: 230.7lbs
    Current weight: 184.0lbs

That is awesome! I'm sure you're feeling great and healthy. Mind sharing some foods you indulged in and some struggles you encountered?