Looking for some good workout shoes

Options
BUT WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS?!
I'm looking for some shoes that are good for walking, running, trails & working out
I don't like how there are certain shoes for different things
So should I get cross-training shoes( what does that mean any way, dumb question I know but forgive me im just so confused)
Should I get running shoes?! Aaahhhh
I don't want to have to many, just a good pair that does it all
HELP PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Ive had good luck with Asics Gel. Good all around shoe
  • skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'd also like some shoes that don't cost a fortune, but if they do all those things and hold up well, then I'd say it would be worth the investment.
  • czybura
    czybura Posts: 9
    Options
    i would go with running shoes. They offer the most flexibility. I like my running shoes to bend and not too heavy. I wear them running on the street, trails, treadmill and weight workouts.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Not sure about trails, but I just got the Adidas Marathon shoes and they are great for a beginning runner. I would say try some running shoes on... they'll be ok for walking, but give you the extra for running. You'd have to check with hikers about trails and if they're good on those. I would imagine they would be fine.
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have New Balance 442 that I use for everything. I also have another pair of New Balance walking shoes but I don't like them for anything but walking...
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat that you are in now. I didn't want to buy a separate pair of shoes to run in and a separate pair to do my Turbo Fire in but in the end, it's what I had to do. Running shoes are HORRIBLE for doing things like Turbo Fire, and cross trainers (good for Turbo Fire) are HORRIBLE for running. If you want the BEST shoe for each, you will have to buy them separate. You don't have to get expensive shoes though, you can find what you're looking for at decent prices if you just do your research. It took me a few hours of online bargain hunting to get a good deal, but I did it, LOL.

ETA: Basically, running shoes will KILL your ankles for most aerobic or kickboxing exercise, or anything that requires moving your feet in different directions.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have always bought New Balance, until a few months ago I decided to try something different and got Asics mostly due to the cheap price I found them out :P and they aren't bad. When i tried to do some light research most people tended to lean towards those 2 brands. My best friend who is very athletic swears by NB. When I have to replace my shoes I will go back to NB as well, just what I prefer :)
  • Barker11
    Barker11 Posts: 5
    Options
    On average if you work out 4-6 days a week your sneakers will only last 6 months. After that the midsoles ( which you can not see) will break down. I personally like Nike... They are a little more expensive but they put a lot into their shoe. They have an adaptor that you can connect to your Ipod and it also has a slot in your shoe for the other piece and it tracks everything based on your movment. New ballance, and Asics are great aswell. At the end of the day there are a few things to consider... 1)comfort!!! No matter what you want them to feel comfortable, 2) if your running you want a lighter shoe, if your doing multi tasked workouts like areobics, eliptical and the treadmill then cross trainers are good for that. Rebok has a new shoe that looks extremely flexable and they are specificlly for running.I have not tried them yet. I have shapeups for just when I walk cause they are not good for eliptical. One other tip which I use and have read over the years is that when you have a pair of sneakers for working out, only wear them when your working out. Don't wear them shopping or out and about. Designate your workout shoes for only working out. That is why I have my shape ups for long days out! Good luck!!