Insanity

Options
I'm starting insanity and I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it? did it work for you? why or why not?

Replies

• rachel4172013
    rachel4172013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I tried insanity after having my baby...lost 20 lbs during the first 60 days..
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Done it several times; always did my body good in shedding pounds and building some strength. If you have the $$, I say go for it!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The good.......it's a killer cardio workout. You will pant, you will sweat, you will bust your rear.
    The bad.......it's high impact. Yes, the moves can be done slower and modified (although Shaun T doesn't have a modifier in the program). If you get to the point where you are doing the workout full speed, it will take a toll on your ankles, knees, and potentially your lower back.

I still do it from time to time, but following the schedule and doing it night after night really tore up my lower body (and not necessarily in a good way).
  • SalleeNicole
    SalleeNicole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Insanity is no joke - you need to be mentally focused and committed to make it through. I hate it, but love the results. That being said, this is my second time doing it, I've got 3 weeks left!! :) Take pictures because I rarely lose a significant amount of weight which can be discouraging, but my pictures speak volumes. I take pics every two weeks.
  • FitStelley
    FitStelley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started Focus T25 yesterday. I found it appealing because it's only 25 minutes vs. 90 minutes like P90X. I think Beachbody has great workout programs as long as you're willing to do them. Even with doing P90X modified (several years ago) it made a huge difference in my muscles and body shape.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I did it and had great results. It kicks your *kitten*, but if you stick with it, and eat pretty well, you'll get some good results. I lost almost 20lbs in the 60 days.
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm starting insanity and I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it? did it work for you? why or why not?

Currently on a week 6 of Insanity. Really enjoying it although it is tough. I've lost around 8/9 lbs so far but have really noticed my clothes are much looser and my energy, endurance and general fitness levels are significantly improved. No doubt, you will see great results with Insanity, and other programmes, if you stick to them and eat well. Good luck!
  • eangel1023
    eangel1023 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I recommend a good heart rate monitor and good cross trainer shoe (I use Reebok nano 2) instead of a runner. The neutral rise helps with the plyometrics.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Insanity is no joke - you need to be mentally focused and committed to make it through. I hate it, but love the results. That being said, this is my second time doing it, I've got 3 weeks left!! :) Take pictures because I rarely lose a significant amount of weight which can be discouraging, but my pictures speak volumes. I take pics every two weeks.

^^Agreed. I pretty much stayed the same weight from beginning to end of Insanity, but I lost a ton of inches and looked totally different at the end.

I would also suggest finding friends on here that are also doing the program. I find it encouraging to see friends in my news feed doing the same workouts that I am.

• hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Insanity is just that - Insane! I love it and hate it at the same time. It takes a lot of discipline and motivation to push through and "dig deeper". I'm in week 6 right now. I've lost 17 lbs and went down 1 pant size so far. My stamina and strength has improved significantly. I'm starting to see definition in my abs and quads that I haven't had in years.

For me, the results have been amazing and that's keeping me motivated to keep going through the program. The first week is extremely difficult. I remember barely being able to walk the next day because my muscles were so sore. I couldn't even make it through the warm-up without taking a break. After the first week - it started to get a little easier. By week 3, I could make it all the way through the warm-ups and almost keep up with the incredibly fit people on the video.

Now - on week 6 and into the Max workouts and I almost feel like week 1 again. Working some different muscle groups, the intensity level has increased a lot and the duration is longer. I'm back to having a little trouble making it through the warm-up again. I know it's just making me stronger and healthier every day so I keep pushing through - giving 100% of myself during every workout.

My original plan was to start P90x after I finished Insanity - but after going through Insanity for a little while now, I love the way it makes me feel and I think I'm going to do a second round of it. I get better and stronger every day and I love the way it makes me feel (when it's over, lol). I have so much energy that I haven't had in years! I'm finally starting to feel like my old self again.

I can't say enough good things about the program. Definitely get a good pair of cross-training shoes and a good mat if you have hard floors (I workout in my basement). I just bought a new pair of shoes last week, my other ones were really old and I hadn't worn them in years. I did the majority of Month 1 without a Heart Rate Monitor. I decided to buy one for Month 2, just to make sure I don't put too much stress on my heart. The extra features on it are nice too, like being able to track calories burned more accurately.

On a side note - The program is pretty expensive in my opinion, but I've basically already paid for the program and equipment twice since I've been eating healthier and not eating fast food every day. So, not only am I healthier and losing weight, but I'm saving a ton of money in the process too! It's a win-win-win!!

Best of luck to you. Feel free to come back or join one of the groups that are out there if you need any help with motivation! There's a lot of people doing the program that are more than willing to provide some words of encouragement.
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am also starting Insanity again. I started about a month ago and had to stop for a week because of life stuff, but I am starting again. I love the workouts and how they make me feel, but they are difficult and truly insane! I am also doing C25K on my treadmill and it makes it hard on those run days to do both, but I am trying. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    hdrenollet wrote: »
    Insanity is just that - Insane! I love it and hate it at the same time. It takes a lot of discipline and motivation to push through and "dig deeper". I'm in week 6 right now. I've lost 17 lbs and went down 1 pant size so far. My stamina and strength has improved significantly. I'm starting to see definition in my abs and quads that I haven't had in years.

For me, the results have been amazing and that's keeping me motivated to keep going through the program. The first week is extremely difficult. I remember barely being able to walk the next day because my muscles were so sore. I couldn't even make it through the warm-up without taking a break. After the first week - it started to get a little easier. By week 3, I could make it all the way through the warm-ups and almost keep up with the incredibly fit people on the video.

Now - on week 6 and into the Max workouts and I almost feel like week 1 again. Working some different muscle groups, the intensity level has increased a lot and the duration is longer. I'm back to having a little trouble making it through the warm-up again. I know it's just making me stronger and healthier every day so I keep pushing through - giving 100% of myself during every workout.

My original plan was to start P90x after I finished Insanity - but after going through Insanity for a little while now, I love the way it makes me feel and I think I'm going to do a second round of it. I get better and stronger every day and I love the way it makes me feel (when it's over, lol). I have so much energy that I haven't had in years! I'm finally starting to feel like my old self again.

I can't say enough good things about the program. Definitely get a good pair of cross-training shoes and a good mat if you have hard floors (I workout in my basement). I just bought a new pair of shoes last week, my other ones were really old and I hadn't worn them in years. I did the majority of Month 1 without a Heart Rate Monitor. I decided to buy one for Month 2, just to make sure I don't put too much stress on my heart. The extra features on it are nice too, like being able to track calories burned more accurately.

On a side note - The program is pretty expensive in my opinion, but I've basically already paid for the program and equipment twice since I've been eating healthier and not eating fast food every day. So, not only am I healthier and losing weight, but I'm saving a ton of money in the process too! It's a win-win-win!!

Best of luck to you. Feel free to come back or join one of the groups that are out there if you need any help with motivation! There's a lot of people doing the program that are more than willing to provide some words of encouragement.

Off topic, but if you love Insanity this much (I did too), I suggest checking out Insanity Max30 at some point. 99.9% new moves, only 30 minutes a day 5 days a week, and even more insane than the original. I'm on week 6 right now and LOVE it.

• hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bug1114 wrote: »
    Off topic, but if you love Insanity this much (I did too), I suggest checking out Insanity Max30 at some point. 99.9% new moves, only 30 minutes a day 5 days a week, and even more insane than the original. I'm on week 6 right now and LOVE it.

Thanks. I'll have to check that one out! 30 minutes would fit into my schedule a little better.